CHAPTER 70 - Temptation

Wednesday 01.07.23

My eyes froze as I took in his unavoidable appearance.

His hair was gelled up stylishly as he wore a simple plain black v-neck top and jeans and I couldn't deny how fucking attractive he looked.

His own eyes widened at the sight of me wearing a burgundy satin wrap dress which perfectly clung to my body, and there was a moment of silence as we devoured each other's looks.

But his gorgeous appearance was only a veneer for the heartless man that lied beneath him.

Lissy pushed past me dragging him away from my sight and it was only then that I was able to release a breath I didn't even know I was holding.

We followed after them, walking past the bouncer who didn't even bother checking our IDs, before entering the club.

The loud music immediately sparked my energy and when Roni grabbed my arm, running to the DJ I felt my body lightly sway to the music, my every neurone soaring with exhilaration at the ability to let loose.

Our toes were light, as the beat of the music controlled our movements and I felt any worries vanish from me.

Mase pushed through the crowd of sweaty people, shoving a shot glass in each our hand. I took in a single gulp, squinting as the burning sensation scorched down my throat.

I pushed it back in Mase's hand, smiling to myself as I swirled in the swarm of drunk people, letting myself free as I sensually danced.

All of a sudden those piercing dark green orbs caught mine, almost causing my breath to hitch. They were so intense, penetrating through my soul as they shamelessly watched me.

He was sat with Toby, by the bar, both of them watching the rest of us have fun, but his eyes seemed to only be fixated on me.

I forced myself away from him, knowing too well that staring at him for that long would only get me lost in those emerald globes.

Gray and I have pretty much been avoiding each other ever since the wedding. The atmosphere the clung above us was heavy and strained, something I didn't prefer at all.

I know he had caused it all, but the feeling of discomfort that arises between the one person you felt the most comfortable with, truly is a heart wrenching yet indescribable emotion.

Thankfully, my attention had been mainly placed on Cal who had been there by my side to distract me from the pain that was slowly starting to sting again.

He was the only one who hated Gray and it somehow gave me some sort of satisfaction. I knew that no matter what, Cal would never have to pick between Gray and I because for him it was just me.

Roni hadn't brought up with the whole Jessica being pregnant topic up with Gray yet, but it had been decided that she brings it up at the end of the holiday, just so that we don't ruin the mood.

However, now that the end was gradually nearing, I was slowly becoming more nervous.

I was burning to death to know his side, especially after he asked if we could talk, but ever since Cal entered, I didn't fail to notice the shield Gray had placed against him.

Of course I still catch him staring at me and observing my every move, but the guilt that flooded him on the day we met was no longer on display.

Either way, it didn't matter anyway.

My heart had already been broken by him and it didn't seem like it was going to be fixed any time soon.

Or so I thought.