CHAPTER 41 - Deeper

Tuesday 15.09.19

Beep! Gray's car honked and in an instant, El and I pushed past each other, rushing out of my house carrying our beach bags on our shoulders.

My eyes found Gray who was casually leaned against his seat with his arm placed on the steering wheels as he watched over at us under his shades, a smirk plastered on that handsome face of his.

A small grin made its way on my lips as relief spread through my body. It had been three days since I witnessed Gray and his dad's huge argument and although the others may have not noticed, I for sure realised how damaged he seemed.

He didn't contact me the entire day and I didn't text him either, knowing he needed some space, but after Mase recovered the day after, it was impossible for him to not meet up with us.

He had been looking glum the entire day yesterday and when it was decided that we will be going to the beach today, I almost dreaded to come in concern for how he must be feeling.

I knew he would bring it up to me eventually. Gray often shut people out when he was struggling with something before opening up about it so I knew that giving him some time will allow him to share it with me, but right now I needed to get a few things off my chest myself.

I wanted him to be more understanding of his father and see what Mark had also been going through.

Though, I haven't had the chance to check up on Mark, I can already predict the harsher treatments he must be receiving from Gray. It was normal for him to receive Gray's cold shoulder, but I didn't think Gray would leave it just that now.

I opened the front passenger door, getting inside as El got in the back, my smile widening as Gray offered that charming smile of his.

Toby was heading with Mase and Roni which left El and I with Gray. Thankfully I didn't end up with Mase, knowing well that the guy would probably end us back in Italy instead of the beach with his poor navigation skills.

Gray sniffed his nose, making me furrow my eyebrows as I looked at him with a confused expression. He scrunched his nose before glancing my way, "you smell rotten." He voiced, making me roll my eyes.

"Ha ha, so funny." I scoffed, smiling to myself as El snorted in the back. Though it had only been a couple of days, it felt much longer when he carried that gloomy atmosphere. I missed this version of him; his casual and laid-back attitude.

I fastened my seatbelt as Gray zoomed off my property, but soon the sound of his phone ringing caught my attention. Without hesitation, I reached down for it, putting it on speakers as I noticed Toby's name pop up as the caller ID.

"Guys we're at McDonalds, so meet us there." His voice rumbled through the device. I glanced at Gray to make sure he got the message and his simply nodded in response.

Gray sped towards the restaurant, buying us each our breakfast before meeting Mase's car. "Oh this is on." Mase's low voice bounced through the speakers of Gray's phone.

"Don't even bother trying." Gray cockily replied and I chuckled to myself. "Yeah sorry Mase, but Gray always wins." El shouted from behind causing Mase to growl in annoyance.

"Hell no, we are winning this shit this time, or I'm cutting off Mase's dick!" Roni bursted through the call, causing us all to rupture with laughter as we heard the faint noise of Mase complaining in the background.

We quickly hung up on the call and once Gray turned his head to face Mase with that confident smirk, exchanging a nod with him, they both bolted off.

Racing each other had been something both Mase and Gray do constantly ever since they each got a car and I must admit Gray had never lost a single one. Even if the guy started much later, he always finds a way to either go through a quicker route or simply just drive faster.