CHAPTER 62 - Want

Saturday 11.04.23

It had been just over a week since I had been left without my phone and my only form of communication was through social media.

It really was a pain but more than my crave for receiving my phone, I was filled with concern.

Everyone had been trying to get in contact with Gray and surprisingly he hadn't responded to anyone.

It made me wonder what had truly occurred.

I didn't know if he was just too busy or if something serious was happening but either way, I was burning with worry.

I pushed my way out of the company building, the chilly wind bringing a small smile to my lips as I thanked myself for wearing a coat after a great debate in the morning.

A deep sigh escaped my lips and just as I was about to take the familiar path home, my eyes found him. Standing there innocently with a sullen expression, fear mixed with regret flooding his enchanting orbs.

Guilt condemned through me as I halted in my steps.

"Cal." I called out and he slowly walked towards me, his head hung low. My heart tightened at the sight. He looked so miserable and the usual light in those chestnut globes seemed to be missing.

He didn't say anything and I couldn't deny the regret I held within myself.

A small smile made its way on my lips, as I pushed myself forward, speechlessly wrapping my arms around his waist, before gently placing my head on his chest, catching him by surprise.

That familiar scent of myrrh filled my nostrils and I hadn't noticed how badly I yearned for it until this moment.

He was stiff for a moment, not knowing what to do before his own warm arms wrapped around my small body.

I shouldn't have pushed him away like I did that day and it was something I came to regret more and more through each passing day.

Cal was practically at the same stage as me; having feelings for someone who calls him a friend.

If he was able to come all the way here and confess it to me, then I should at least appreciate it. I didn't want anything to change about us because he too was someone really important to me.

The only thing I could do was tell him where he is to me, but I will make sure nothing, not even this gets in between the friendship I had with him that I cherished so much.

"I'm sorry." He whispered lowly, and my lips stretched even further into a smile as I shook my head. "No, thank you." I replied, surprising him.

He was silent for a moment and it was only when I released from him, was I able to notice the confusion that displayed within his chestnut brown eyes.

"Thank you for opening up your feelings, I know it must have been hard." I admitted and he blinked twice, still baffled with what I was trying to say. I let out a breath, reaching out for his warm hand.

"I'm sorry that I don't reciprocate those feelings but Cal I want to be your friend for life and so I won't let this damage our friendship either." I spoke up, making sure every one of my word was voiced from the bottom of my heart.

Though a flicker of disappointment passed through his orbs, the light that had been missing finally made its way to his eyes, brightening his face as a whole.

A genuine smile stretched across his lips as he cutely nodded at me. "I know, I'm sorry I kissed you without your permission." He voiced and I narrowed my eyes at him, raising my forefinger to point at him.