Twisted by Words

Izuku situates himself as best he can in the chair across from the faceless former leader of the league of villains. The ear to ear smile plastered on his face seeing his own son. Izuku swallowed a lump in his throat feeling shivers of nervousness pass over him. All Might stood behind him with his arms folded showing off the fact that he is back in his prime.

"Wh-what did you want to talk about?" Izuku asks breaking the silence in the room, All for One turns his head looking about the room as if searching for something.

"Well, I felt an awakening. I can feel the power ebbing from you, I see Dr Garaki did a fine job restoring you to your full potential. You even killed several high ends and hood. I'm impressed." He says looking directly into the soul of Izuku. "I know far more than I'm led to believe, I don't get the news on my TV here but I am aware of what is going on. Perhaps one day I may meet my granddaughter."

"She's dealt with enough evil in this world." Izuku replies, stunning his father.

"I never said I would harm her now did I? I may be evil but there are some things even I won't do. Take young Tenko for an example, his quirk manifested one night about 15 years ago now and it was nothing like his parents or grandmother. I took him in when the world turned their back on him. Helped him get past a tragedy and accepted him as my own. Infact you and him were brothers before I had left. Though when I brought him home that evening all those years ago, you were still an infant." All for One explains.

"Why did you take my quirk?"

"To make you my successor, I groomed Toumura to take over my place as the leader of the League. I wanted you to take my place as All for One. I took your quirk from you with the intention of you developing a hatred of the quirk society and desire to change it."

"Was he born just to be your successor?"

"Come now All Might, this is a family matter regarding me and my son." All for One says in an annoyed tone seeing as the former number one interjected in their conversation. "But, seeing as Izuku wishes to know the answer as well I will tell you. The answer is no. He was born because I loved his mother. You may think it is impossible for me to feel compassion and empathy but I truly loved her. Why do you think it was impossible for you to find me after our first true battle?"

"You tried to leave the villain underworld?" Izuku asks getting the attention of his father.

"Indeed. I knew that I was no longer strong enough to beat the current holder of my brother's quirk. After Shimura Nana and I had our duel I tried to move past the villain underworld. Part of me did this because I was fed up with the constancy of you heroes attacking me and me defeating you. After all, the definition of Insanity is repeating the same thing over and over again expecting different results. So, I decided to change my identity and try to live out my life experiencing the simple pleasures. I met Inko not long after and for the first time in centuries I felt something for this woman. Later we married and had you my son. You found me out when Izuku was barely able to walk and our battle cost me my eyes and you your lungs. I'm rather impressed that Izuku was able to heal that extensive of a wound perhaps he can heal mine but. I doubt that."

"What's the thing you're not telling us?"

"Why I took his quirk, Izuku Midoriya only exists because I needed a perfect successor but I stole his quirk for two reasons. One, for him to brew resentment for the society that scorns the quirkless and to protect him from you All Might."

"Why would you want to protect me from All Might?"

"It was my own paranoia that thought that if All Might discovered my son he would kill you to prevent another All for One from rising. I realise now that I was foolish to think the symbol of peace would attack a defenseless woman and infant. You hold both All for One and One for All. Something I have been striving to do for centuries, to be whole once more. A part of me resides in that quirk since I am it's creator. Shigaraki Izuku possessed half of my quirk allowing him to give quirks between people willingly. I have that ability but I am also able to take them."