Post-op

It had been days since the end of the battle at Nabu, the destruction of most of the island as three titans of power faced off against each other. Most of that snow was a haze, flashes of memories and sounds. Most of the events he didn't even remember but what he does know, is that he hurts like hell. The injuries he sustained in the battle were one thing, but having major organs, his ocular nerves, bones and other tissue slowly regenerating all at once is bringing back some of the pain that had happened when they were damaged to begin with. The rhythmic beeping of his heart rate monitor was all too familiar, he knew exactly where he was. The hospital. This time specifically however he was in post-op coming out of a 29 hour long surgery. The memories of what happened on the island that were trying to coagulate into something he can actually remember are driven from his mind as the heavy wooden door to the room opens.

"I take it you're mad at me aren't you?" He asks, turning to face the door, but his eyes are bandaged.

"Not at all my young friend, I merely wished to see how your recovery is going." The upbeat and familiar voice of Danjuro greets as he enters the room. "Your mentor however and mother for that matter, are though."

"I'd like to see them fight a five story tall undead dragon nomu." Izuku responds sarcastically. "I smell flowers, did you or someone else bring me something Gentle?"

"Your daughter, girlfriend and Manami stopped by with some flowers a few days ago. Most of the class, after they themselves recovered, have visited you. I would have earlier however I was in remedial training to catch up with the rest of the class." Gentle responds, taking a seat next to Izuku's hospital bed. "I do believe Madam Shimura will be here soon."

"I'm bound to get an earful from her too."

"Perhaps, but frankly I myself and the doctors are wondering how you're even alive. I mean, we're thankful that you are but the list of injuries on your sheet is so long you've had two more sheets stapled to it." Izuku cringes, knowing that each of those injuries is going to add another ten minutes to the lecture he's bound to receive when Nana gets there. "Heres just the first page, acute alpha radiation burns, severe gamma radiation burns along the torso, broken clavicle, three broken ribs, a ruptured lung, internal bleeding, multiple skull fractures, a broken jaw missing a few teeth, ocular nerve cauterization, complete loss of-"

"Trust me Danjuro. I feel every single one of those right now." Izuku interrupts, "What I want to know is what happened to Nine and are the others safe."

"That guy? I'm not sure if I should be the one to tell you."

"Why not?"

"Because he's dead." Aizawa interrupts, from where the sound of his voice came from, he was asleep on the floor. "You stabbed him through the chest with your entire arm. This subsequently ripped out his heart, which your berserk state as Bakugou called it, then crushed it before ripping All for One out of Nine."

"The hole in that guy's chest was so large, I'm frankly surprised that it was still even attached." Nana chimes in, just after entering the room.

"I... I think i'm going to be sick." Quickly, Gentle hands him a trash can for the young All for One holder to vomit into.

"That didn't take long." Aizawa jokes as Izuku retches into the bin in front of him. "It wont be the last time you're forced to do that, and pray it never gets easier."

"Mr Midoriya?"

"If you're going to tell me I killed anyone else, you might as well say it now."

"No... I was just going to tell you that your eyes should be finished regenerating dueto your quirks, so we can take the bandages off around your head." Izuku goes silent when he hears this statement from the doctor. "However, we will need to conduct an eye exam afterwards, it's likely you will need corrective lenses for a few weeks while they continue to heal. Even with regenerative quirks, the eyes take the longest to heal."