10

I pulled Quinn closer to me and slowly let sleep take me

I pulled Quinn closer to me and slowly let sleep take me. Quinn jolted a bit. I assume she heard something but she pushed it aside before going back to sleep. She felt perfect in my arms, nothing felt better than us on the bed.

Then the bedroom door slammed open.

I sat up, my hand still around Quinn's waist. Holding her protectively per say. The room was pretty dark so I looked around trying to find out who interrupted us. Even with my night vision, I could only make out faint shadows. It could have been anyone, there are many entrances to my house and now that I had someone to protect as much as Quinn I needed to start locking all of them. Then they turned on the lights and cleared their throat. Directing my attention to the door.

My parents.

They both looked at us with disappointment with their arms folded across their chest. "Oh come on Axton. I though you were better then this. Sleeping with some slut." My dad spoke first, insulting Quinn. He took a deep breath, inhaling the scent his eyes darkened in rage.

Shit. This isn't good.

"And she's a fucking vampire. Jesus Axton I never thought you would stoop so low, what has gotten into you? Are you that desperate? What happened to that Chole girl you were hanging around with at the park?" He added on.

And this is where I lost it.

"Shawn!" My mom screamed at him. She gave him the classic disapproving glare. I stared back at my dad. "Not now Diana." He simply replied back. Oh was that going to come back to bite him in the ass.

"Who the hell are you to assume that shit? I was just training Chole in the park!" I spat back at him. He knows I would never ever sleep with anyone other than my mate and the first time I have a girl in my bed he has to go and assume the worst. Mostly, I said the last part so Quinn wouldn't have any ideas that my father was implying.

"Uh, your father, and Alpha." He replied. Thinking that would give him leverage. But it did just the opposite. "Yeah and if you were his dad you would know better than to talk to your son and his mate like that." Quinn surprisingly snapped back at him. Defending herself and I. My dads jaw dropped at her statement.

Both of them seemed shocked, having a hard time believing that Quinn said. I felt proud of her, but she wasn't even done yet. Quinn pulled my hand off of her. She stood up and walked around the bed, and in front of my dad.

"Listen here old man. You can call me, bloodsucker, vampire, Dracula, for all I care. But you disrespect Axton, you disrespect me. You shouldn't be accusing him of shit like that when you know nothing and you know he's not like that. Your ego is that huge to mention that you're his Alpha. Now I dare you to accuse your son of sleeping with some vampire slut. I. Dare. You." Quinn finished her argument and walked back over to the bed. She hopped in the bed and pulled my arm back over her.

The both were stunned, my mother had a small smirk and I already knew she was proud of Quinn for putting my father in his place. "How dare you speak to an Alpha that way! Do you even care about your well being? I can shred your tiny little body in two seconds," My father scoffed. He was always stubborn. "I'd like to see you try," I challenged my father.

"She's his mate, dear, Axton won't hesitate to hurt you," My mother softly told my father, facing the fact. She had a hand on my father's arm to try and calm him down. "I don't care! I won't allow a flimsy vampire be the Luna of my pack! She'll ruin the pack and everything this family has worked for!"

"There you go again, old man! Do you ever stop assuming things or is that just who you are!" Quinn groaned beside me, growing annoyed at my father. "It was nice having you both here, but we're really tired so get the hell out, no offense mom," I sympathized to my mother.

"Turn the lights off, and close the door on your way out." Quinn demanded. My mother tried to pull her mate out of the room but he wasn't having it. "How dare you tell me what to do? I-" my father stormed before Quinn cut him off. "You're the alpha, yadda yadda yadda, I already know," Quinn rolled her eyes.

"Now please, turn the lights off on your way!" She added with a smile on her face and bright eyes. My mom confided and pushed my dad out the door. Turning the lights off and closing the door just like she asked. It was about time he listened to her and leave.

I turned to Quinn, still surprised she was so brave. I loved that side of her. "Well damn Quinn! What was that?" I laughed. Confused on where this wild side came from. She sheepishly smiled, fixing her head comfortably on the pillow. "Your father is an asshole. He's lucky that I didn't drain him like a caprisun," she replied.

"Yes, he should be," I grinned at her cuteness, pressing a quick kiss to her forehead before I could even stop myself. Her eyes widened in shock and then I realized what I just did. "I'm so sorry, I didn't realize, it was in the moment, I'm so-" I ranted out the apology. I didn't want her to feel uncomfortable or unsafe around me.

"It's okay, I..I don't mind," she softly say. My shoulders sank in relief. "You should get some rest princess, Nero really tired you out today," I changed the topic. She agreed, pushing closer to me to get comfortable. My eyes felt heavy as I watched her beautiful state of slumber and I managed to fall asleep as well, this time without any interruptions.
__________________________________
1030 words

I wrote half of this chapter at 1 am, and Soriyaah edited it and finished it off the next day

I wrote half of this chapter at 1 am, and Soriyaah edited it and finished it off the next day. I had to tell her to stop eating cheesecake (THAT HER PARENTS TOLD HER NOT TO EAT) just so she would finish the chapter.

Anyways I can't blame her we both really like cheesecake.

Ok byeeeeeeeee ~ Soriyaah & Riley 🦋