30

"I swear it's not like that

"I swear it's not like that. I can explain," I started. He remained quiet so I continued where I left off. "You weren't supposed to find out, at all actually. Until I was in labor. I was going to surprise you and it's all ruined, why did this have to happen?" I tried to explain, not realizing my eyes were watering. Axton's eyes softened and the small bit of anger that was in him faded away. He pulled me into his chest, wrapping his arms around me the best he could.

Hugging him wasn't the same but hopefully, it would all be worth it.

My mind ran back to the dream I had. Strangely, I couldn't remember what the children looked like. Their features were a bit blurry as well as my surroundings, but I remembered everything. Nevertheless I had to tell Axton, but now was not the time. "How are you really feeling?" He asked seriously, pulling out of the hug, we both sat on the bed together. "Considering that I was almost killed by vervain.. again. I'm doing good.. enough." I revealed. I wasn't going to lie and say that I was okay. The whole situation had me shaken up and I was never letting Axton leave me for another business trip.

Roger's brother was gone. Killed by someone unknown. I couldn't make out the figure and even now my brain hurt too much when I tried to think about it. The scent of vervain made me want to vomit. I hated it and am completely, and utterly terrified of it. Someone tried to kill me twice with vervain. Since that was my only weakness besides Axton and my unborn children of course.

Also, how on earth could I forget strawberry ice cream? "That's okay. We'll talk about it when you're feeling better." Axton told me and I smiled, resting my head on his shoulder in relief. He kissed my forehead, never failing to ignite the butterflies in my stomach.

A knock on the door pulled us out from our own world. "It's doctor Smith, I got word that Quinn is awake, and I'd like to share some information with you both," the person announced. "Come in!" Axton allowed before the door opened and the man walked in.

"Quinn, happy to see you awake. You definitely gave Axton a scare, how are you feeling?" The doctor asked. "Better than expected, I think. It's still a bit weird though," I mumbled, not sounding convincing. "Well, we'll run some tests and come up with something to help with that. Your children are both okay, all good news," he informed me and a wave of relief hit me strongly.