25

Today was the day

Today was the day. I needed to tell Axton about the pregnancy, and I planned to do it in the best way possible. A scavenger hunt. Why not? While Axton was away doing random chores Theo had set up for Axton to keep him away from the house. I was running around the house setting up clues to the final result. The big reveal. I was really excited. I mean it's Axton we're talking about. I'm pretty sure he wants to have a family with me. We've never really talked about it, but I hope he's happy.

The question did run through my mind a couple times. Was this to soon? Will Axton be happy? Will I be a good mother? Will we be good parents? The thoughts swarmed through my head, developing a headache. After I had placed the last clue I situated myself in the living room. I pulled out my phone and texted Theo it was ok for Axton to come back home now. He texted back right away, and a couple minutes later Theo dropped off Axton and left.

"Hey Baby." Axton greeted me, leaning down for a kiss. I peaked his lips before clapping my hands. "Are you ready?" I asked cryptically. "For what?" Axton asked raising an eyebrow mischievously. I handed him the first note card with the clue on it and smiled contently.  "When Quinn's not around, I'm the next best thing. Sure, I might not be worth kissing. But just keep me near, and you'll see. Evenings will be just as comfy." Axton read the clue out loud. He looked up at me for a second. "A pillow?" Axton squeaked. I shrugged my shoulders not giving anything away.

Then we ran around the house, while he searched each and every pillow. Until he reached mine. Axton grabbed the note and started reading. "Hold me light, hold me gentle. When you handle, always careful. But when it's time to use my insides, tap me hard and crack my outside. Here it comes, the gooey flow. Into the heat, I slowly go." He smiled at my attempt to make them a bit dirty. "An egg." Axton inquired. I just followed behind him. Trying my best not to reveal it right then and there.

I tightly gripped the test in my hoodie pocket, making sure it was still there. We ran down to the kitchen, and he pulled open the fridge. Opening up the carton of eggs. Grabbing the next clue he read it out loud. "Flip me open, clap me shut. Whenever you meet a rut, step away and rest your eyes. My glowing screen you can't disguise." Axton smirked at this one, I lightly chuckled trying to keep my composure. "I really don't know." Axton exaggerated, tapping his chin. "My computer." He simply said back.