39

I've been calling Harper all day

I've been calling Harper all day. She hasn't been picking up, neither have Axton since he left early this morning for work. He left earlier than usual. His outfit for the day was still racked up and the kitchen was left as the night before. Suspicious, he's gone without a trace. Nevertheless, I did my motherly duties and cleaned up around the house.

Finally getting to relax, the kids and I sat on the sofa with blankets watching Zootopia. "Quinn! I'm home!" Harper called with a laugh at the end and then I heard the door shut behind her. "Where is Axton?" I asked, standing up from the sofa and turning to her. Axton was at her side but that wasn't what my focus was on.

Thomas.

Holy crap. He's actually here. In my house. I've been dreading this moment but since the twins were born, I knew this had to happen someday. Why now? Why after so long? He's supposed to move on but he just had to be obsessive. In his arms were Harper and she looked happy as ever.

Behind them were the rest of the Gray family. They all were looking at me and Theo. "Stay back," I whispered to the twins and they listened. "Who the fuck are you!? Get away from Harper," Theo growled out, ready to attack. I grabbed his hand before he made the situation worse. "He's my mate, of course," Harper proudly said, taking us both by surprise.

Mate?

This is another one of his works. I just know it. He's behind the black magic that happened last year with Shawn and Garret. We haven't heard or had any suspicions till now. "Get away from them you intruder! You don't belong here!" Theo shouted and Thomas chuckled. "Well she is my mate, she is pregnant with my child," Thomas smirked, his hand flat on Harper's lower stomach. Theo paled beside me, his entire body got stiff.

"Yes! We're going to be one big happy family!" Harper happily cheered, kissing Thomas on the cheek and I almost gagged. "She's pregnant..." Theo mumbled the fact softly and I wouldn't be surprised if he is the actual father. "What are you doing here, Tommy? How are you even here?" I snapped, wanting to tear him away from my family. "Pretty easily actually, you shouldn't have run from me my little kitten," he grinned.

"Piss off, leave us alone," I demanded and he laughed. Of course, I would have used other words if my children weren't behind me. "Okay sure. Only they die first," he casually shrugged. "Daddy?" Devin called and my heart sank. "Axton," I called and be didn't respond. This was even more proof. Axton was easy to read, maybe it was only me but he was easy to understand since I got so used to him. Seeing him so...emotionless wrecks me.