18

I'm the worst mate ever

She's going to leave me.

She hates me.

Those are the three thoughts running through my mind on the way to the Silver Dust pack constantly. That's part of taking over my father's pack, important and urgent meetings. Quinn didn't know where I was going and I felt even more horrible for that. I was scolding myself all day but I wouldn't feel better until I apologize to her.

Not to mention that Nero was pissed at me for telling our mate hurtful things yesterday. It was all my fault and Nero was a constant reminder. I didn't blame him though. He was whimpering and whining all day and night, wanting nothing more than Quinn's comfort.

During the meeting I couldn't think straight. It was a waste of my time anyways. They just wanted their allies' permission to extend the land. Thankfully, I cut the meeting short in order to get back to Quinn earlier than expected. The drive was a four hour drive but on the way home, my driver sat in the back seat and I sat behind the wheel and managed to get there within three hours.

The second I unlocked the door after knocking, I knew something was wrong. Firstly, Quinn didn't open the door like expected, there was another familiar male's scent in the house mixed with Quinn's and a half drained blood bag on the floor with some of it spilling out of the straw.

I growled, running further into the house to search for my mate through most of the rooms while shouting her name repeatedly.

She's gone.

Just when I was about to tear apart everything, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Angrily, I pulled it out and barely read the text from one of my warriors when I noticed the word vampire.

Roger:
A vampire broke into your house. I have her knocked out at the warehouse.

Nero tried surfacing, attempting to kill Roger through my phone. I typed back a response and sent the message before throwing my phone against the wall and the screen shattered into pieces.

Axton:
Don't fucking touch her.

Seconds later I was driving to the warehouse that was thirty minutes away from my house. The gas pedal wasn't deep enough for my liking, the car wasn't driving as fast as my liking. When I arrived, I didn't even bother to lock the door before storming to the entrance.