32

Tears streamed down Axton's cheeks as he cradled his newborns

Tears streamed down Axton's cheeks as he cradled his newborns. My heart shattered into a million pieces, the devious words on the paper replayed over and over in my head. I didn't want anyone else to see the note so I shoved in my pocket and walked to the babies.

Axton's eyes brightened. My hand shook when I reached to wipe his tears away. Axton pressed a kiss to my forehead and I took Delilah before we walked back to the hospital room. A doctor tried to approach us and Axton stepped in front of us. "We need some privacy right now and we'll be leaving in thirty minutes," he stated to the doctor.

"They need to check up on the babies, Ax. We need to make sure they're okay," Harper softly commented. She was right. Axton sighed and allowed the doctors to make sure they were okay. I hated letting them go, I was extra cautious leaving them now. Thomas is back. That son of a bitch is in the pack somehow.

I'm not the only vampire here.

We need to find that unknown doctor. Someone needs to pay and I need answers.

Axton and I were caught up in our thoughts but we packed up our things quickly and all that was needed was to put the babies in the car seats and take off with Harper and Theo since they insisted on coming home with us. I didn't think much of it when I agreed but I guess now it would be good so I could get some hours rest before my mothering duties start in the morning.

Or in the middle of the night.

You never know with babies.

His hand rested along the backseat, playing with the waves of my hair with our children sound asleep between us. Harper in the passenger seat and Theo driving towards our home. When we arrived, everyone was quiet. They supervised the twins while we got settled in.

The first thing I did was hide the note in the guest bathroom, already knowing no one would go in there to find it. Next I took a bath and changed into sweatpants and one of Axton's shirt before going into the kitchen to find something to munch on.

Axton was already in the kitchen, shutting the fridge when I walked in and both of us froze. The tension between us was too much and I honestly couldn't read any emotions off him. "Are you okay?" Axton asked. I snapped back into reality and nodded my head yet he didn't look convinced. "I don't know if it's giving birth or maybe someone taking our babies...maybe it's something else also but let me-" I cut him off angrily.