07

"What gave away that me sitting in a cave, obviously trying to run away from you, made me seem happy to see you?" I snapped at Axton, growing slightly angrier

He just stared at me, observing everything about me and I had no idea how to feel under his stare. When he said nothing and I was only growing more impatient and uncomfortable, I cleared my throat to get his attention

"I didn't mean to," he softly stated with guilt in his eyes. He seemed genuinely bad about what happened at his house. But I wasn't a weakling that was going to give into him that easily. "But I'm still here anyway," I scoffed, my arms folding across my chest. "What are you doing here?" I continued.

"I'm here to make things right between us, you don't have to runaway anymore. I'm going to keep you safe, you can trust me Quinn," he softly tried to convince me. The perfect way my name slipped off his lips had my skin feeling tingly.

"I'm doing fine on my own, I always have been and I don't need your help," I defended myself. "I believe you but where are you going to go that is safe for you? I saw the eviction notice and you can't stay inside here forever. A cave isn't meant for humans to live in. A rogue can come in here and devour you at any second," Axton spoke. Of course, he found the letter.

"What the hell is a rogue?" I groaned in frustration, ignoring everything else he said. Of course, I wasn't going to stay in this filthy cave. I was just hiding from him but I guess he wasn't as dumb as I thought.

He sighed loudly. "Rogues are evil werewolves who doesn't belong in packs and wants to kill werewolves who belong in packs. It's like humans and vampires," Axton explained.

"But I'm a vampire," I obviously stated. He sighed again, pacing the floor. His fingers raked through his brown hair in frustration. "They'll kill anything they get their hands on. You cannot stay here," he deadpanned. I smiled when I thought of the perfect idea. "Why not? The rent is free," I smirked. I instantly knew I loved to annoy him and push his buttons. His reaction was priceless.

His face snapped to me and his eyes narrowed. Axton stopped walking and instead he just stared at me. "Well fine, I'll live here with you then," it was his turn for that stupid grin to turn into a smirk.