13

I jogged my way home after the hours of running with Axton and Quinn

I jogged my way home after the hours of running with Axton and Quinn. "Harper! I'm home!" I shout as I locked the door behind me. My sneakers slid off my shoes before walking into the kitchen where her scent was at its strongest. She recently dumped something into the sink before walking towards me.

She was wearing a cropped top and short pants with an unbuttoned shirt gathering at her sides. She looked effortlessly beautiful with her cute messy dark brown hair and matching eyes. "How was your run with Ax?" She curiously asked me, walking in front of me and tiptoeing to press her lips on mine.

It was a habit we gathered over the couple of years, holding or kissing each other after hours of not seeing each other. When we pull away, I was grinning but she wasn't.

My eyebrows furrowed as I watched her pull away from me. She stepped back, her once calm eyes turning into the rage of the storm. "You're not being serious," She told herself. I furrowed my eyebrows, not knowing exactly what she's talking about. "What? Do I smell? Wanna shower with me?" I wiggled my eyebrows. The thought of having her in the shower again ravished me. I reach for her but she pulled back again.

"Don't touch me, Theodore!" She hissed. Winston, my wolf, was whimpering that our mate didn't want us. The way she yelled, using my full name, saddened us further.

The seconds before I saw him in the kitchen, I knew something was off

The seconds before I saw him in the kitchen, I knew something was off. I couldn't put my finger on it until I kissed him.

He was engulfed in her scent. Rose, my wolf, was just crawling to the surface to go to the house and put the sucker in her place. "What's wrong, baby?" Theo asked me with sad and confused eyes. It angered me more that he didn't know what he did.

Her scent was thick on him. I knew I shouldn't have let him go on that stupid run. Who knows if he even went on the run anyway. "Don't give me that bullshit! Get away from me!" I snarled, wanting to beat the crap out of my own mate.

"What did I do?" He softly asked. My jaw clenched, how could he pretend this good? "The bloodsucker's scent is all over you! How could you cheat on me like that!" I shout at him. My voice cracked during the last part, as I struggled to keep up the tough and angry facade.

Realization dawned on him and his face falls. "It wasn't like that, I swear!" He defended. "How typical of you to say! Now you're just proving it more!" I snapped, rolling my eyes at him. "Just let me explain Harper. I swear it was just a hug," He defended himself but I found that hard to believe since her scent was so strong.

"You're lying. It has to be more than that," I insisted. Her scent was too strong on him. She's a whore, I knew it. She had Axton but went after my mate. "First my brother now my mate. I'm going to kill her," I added, pacing the floor of the kitchen.

"Do you hear yourself right now? How could you question my loyalty to you? I love you and only you," Theo told me, not even answering the question which had me livid. "Then how do you explain to me why her scent is all over you?" I snapped at him back.

Theo sighed shaking his head as he thought. "You are so driven that she is a bad person when she isn't! Axton used to be a hard-working guy and for once he is taking time for himself! Why are you trying to come between his happiness!" Theo shouted back at me. I shut my mouth, speechless of what he said. Theo sighed, raking his fingers through his blonde hair.

He came up with a really strong point there. I haven't seen Axton smile this much. All because he found his mate. And here I was trying to rip away his happiness all because she's a vampire.

"She's a good person. You two would make really good friends actually. So what if she is a vampire? That doesn't bother me, it doesn't bother Axton or Diana. So I'm sure if the pack finds out most of them wouldn't care because she will be our Luna whether you like it or not," Theo added before storming off, followed by his loud footsteps traveling upstairs.

Rose was angry at me for making my mate mad at us. I sighed, leaning against the countertop. What's wrong with me? I'll admit it, I was wrong for not letting him explain himself first. I was quick to judge by just her scent.

Was she really a good person? How could they trust a vampire so easily? But it would make sense, she had to be a good person. Or else she would have done something by now. Axton was happy with her, I knew that. But I felt like she shouldn't have been given such amazing treatment. But she's my brother mate. She's family now and I can't come between that no matter how much I try.

Do I even want to?

That's when I realized I had to give her a chance. I had to see who she really was before I really judged her. If she wasn't who she said she was I would have to figure that out myself.

For real this time.

I jogged up the staircase after Theo, wanting to fix things between us. He was the one person in my little intimate circle and I absolutely hate it when we're mad at each other. I can't function properly. The door opened to reveal him in anger, pacing the floor angrily of our bedroom.

"I'm sorry," I blurted out. Apologies were much easier when it came to Theo. I loved him with all of me, literally. He paused for a second, walking to me. His eyes study me, relaxing slightly. His fingers pushed the escaped strands of my bun away from my eyes. "Please give Quinn a chance, for me?" He begged. I grinned and leaned closer into his welcoming touch.

"I was already planning on it. I owe her an apology," I revealed. His eyes lit up in shock and happiness but he pressed his lips onto mine anyway. I gladly kissed him back, appreciating his affectionate side. "How about I thank you in the shower," he suggested. His hand falling to the hem of my pants.

"Deal," I immediately agreed, wanting him in that way. "Under one exception," he warned. "And what's that?" I asked back. His eyes twinkled with mischievous.

"The handcuffs are joining us."
__________________________________
1134 words

"__________________________________1134 words

A tornado hit and I had no power or WiFi. It lasted from 4 pm to 4 am. The lights came back on and we all woke up, it was so hilarious. Anyways Soriyaah wrote this entire episode, and I couldn't thank her enough. ~ Riley

Ok byeeeeeeeeeee ~ Soriyaah & Riley 🦖