04

Rage was flooding through my body at the mention of her ex-boyfriend

Rage was flooding through my body at the mention of her ex-boyfriend. To say I was a little mad was an understatement. But I knew she was a vampire and didn't know about the whole mate thing. I had stayed loyal. The thought of being with another, other than my mate never crossed my mind. Ever.

After hearing that her ex had turned her into a vampire, without her consent. I was livid. How dare he hurt mate?! He turned her into a vampire without her permission. He forcefully pushed the lifestyle on to Quinn, and she didn't have any say in what went on. All these infuriated thoughts ran through my head.

I could feel Nero, my wolf, pushing to the surface, threatening to take control. He was just as angry as me, if possibly even more, and it was taking a lot out of me to hold him back.

I took a couple of breathers and clenched my fists. No doubt my knuckles were growing white while I was trying to hold back Nero and calm myself down as well. I wanted to find the idiot that hurt her and shred him to pieces. It drained a lot out of me. The thought of Quinn hurting weakened me and Nero took his opportunity. Nero took one final blow and was now completely surfaced. He surprisingly didn't shift but he took control of our mind.

Nero was now in complete control.

I sat in the back of our mind while he paced around the room.

"Did he hurt you?" Nero stopped, and stared at Quinn. Waiting for an answer he threw his hands at his side. He found it uncomfortable so he crossed his arms across his chest.

She seemed hesitant to answer at first but finally did. "It hurt a little, but Axton, I promise I'm ok. It was nothing really." Quinn shrugged it off. Trying to calm me down, she walked up to us and placed her hand on my chest.

Nero, blinded by rage, grabbed her hand and pushed her to the side. Quinn hit the chair I was previously sitting on and tumbled to the ground.

I wanted to take back control and ask if she was ok, but I couldn't. I wanted to grab her and cuddle her. I wanted to whisper sweet nothings in her ear. I wanted to hug her and apologize like my life depended on it. I wanted to beg for her forgiveness for lashing out on her. But I couldn't. Nero remained in control and was on a rampage and there was nothing I could do about it. No matter how much I tried, he wouldn't give me back control over my body. He wasn't supposed to hurt her.

We glanced back over to Quinn. She stared at us with the utmost terror. I realized she probably didn't know my wolf had taken over. Nero scoffed before he turned back around. With that Quinn picked herself off the ground and sped out of the room. I assume using her vampire speed. She flew past me and was out of the room in a second.

Nero was still enraged and wasn't thinking straight. He paced the room a couple of times before running out the door. He followed Quinn's scent before he was lead to a dead end. He stopped for a moment before giving back control.

"I'm sorry for losing it on Quinn." Nero breathed in my head.

"It's ok Nero, I know you didn't mean to." I replied back.

I cut the link and proceeded to move down the street. Nero had brought me
to a run-down community. There were occasional apartment buildings here and there. A small liquor store at the corner. An empty pharmacy right next to it, and a medium-sized grocery store in the middle of it all. Other than the apartments the rest was filled with fields, with dead grass or grass that's never been cut before. There were empty bottles abandoned at the side of the streets along with empty food boxes and wrappers. The bush probably went up to my stomach and I am a pretty tall guy. It all looked like a ghost town and I wondered how the hell people even lived in an area like this.

I frowned at the possibility that my mate had to be living here.

Where are her parents?

Seeing this only made me want to treat her like the queen she was to me but I needed to fix this and bring her back to me.

I hope it wasn't too late.

After I finished taking in my surroundings, I walked to the cleanest apartment building and walked through the door. The inside looked a bit better. You could tell that barely any people lived there anymore, but there was still life.

I caught on to a bit of Quinn's scent but it was distant like she had just left. I followed her scent all the way down the hall. Down to apartment 2D. The door was cracked open, but before I went in, I noticed an envelope taped to the door that caught my attention.

I thought that it might have been a letter from Quinn so I picked it up and carefully opened it. I pulled out the letter to reveal an orange piece of paper.

The words 'Eviction Notice' written boldly at the top.

It was an eviction notice.

Wait what!?! An eviction notice!!

I read through the letter further to see she had not been paying her rent recently. She hadn't paid the full amount or just the rent in general. Maybe this is a good thing, maybe she could come stay with me instead of this place.

I tucked the letter under my arm before slowly moving into the room. The living room was torn apart. The kitchen draws and cabinets were left open. And her bedroom was squeaky clean. She grabbed her stuff and left.

She was gone.

Long gone.

__________________________________
1005 words

__________________________________1005 words

I has been swamped with softball. Like every single day I have softball. I'm pretty sure I don't have much this weekend so I'll probably get to write more. ~ Riley

Other than that, go read our books:
Ruthless - honey_sprinkles
She just hit 5.05k let's bring that up shall we.
The Mystic Wolf - rphendren527
Thank you all for 2k reads.

Sorry that was long 😬

Ok byeeeeeeeeeeee ~ Soriyaah & Riley