♦ TWENTY SEVEN ♦

Alex's POV

I imagine death so much it feels more like a memory. I should have expected something like this would happen. Something like this always happen. I don't know why, but the world has decided it hates me, and wants to take away everyone I love. 

John left a few minutes ago. I'm not sure where he went, but I don't really care. I don't want him here right now. Not that he did anything wrong, I just can't be around someone else I love. They might get hurt.

I stare at the floor until I hear Hercules ask, "Um, John, who's the kid?" 

I look up immediately, hoping it was Philip. I was disappointed when I saw a little girl with blonde hair burying her face into John's chest, however. "Um, this is my daughter, Frances." John says awkwardly. Everyone sits in silence as we stare at him. He sits down and holds the little girl close to him, looking over at me. 

"You have a kid?" Lafayette asks. "Mon ami, why didn't you tell us?"

He shakes his head. "I didn't know.." He looks down at her and kisses the top of her head. I could see she was crying gently. 

He looks over at me again. "You okay?" He asks quietly. 

I shake my head slightly. He nods slowly and then turns to Frances. "I think I'm going to drop Frances off with the Washingtons...She's been here for a few days now." John says to me, though I knew the others were listening in. 

I nod. "You should stay with her." I say quietly. 

John smiles a small smile at me, probably because this is the first time I've actually talked to him since we got the call. He then shakes his head. "I think you should come with me, Alex. You need a break from all of this.." 

"No." Is all I could say. I didn't want to leave. If I left, who knew what could happen. 

John sighs and looks down at his kid. "Frances, sweetie, I'm going to take you home, okay?" 

"Back to my house?" She asks, sniffling. 

He shakes his head. "No..No, we're going to your new home, okay?"

She nods and wipes her tears. "Oh..Okay." John holds her and stands up, looking at all of us. "Um, I'm taking the car but I'll be back." He says. 

The rest nod at him and John frowns at me but leaves. I sit there, still holding my knees and staring at the ground. I take a break from my intense staring contest with the tiled floor and look up at Eliza. Her cheeks were stained with tears, but she was no longer crying. Instead, she was leaning on Angelica and also staring at the ground. A single tear rolled down her cheek and I had to look away before it made me even more heartbroken.

"Schuyler?" A nurse called out. The two sisters looked over and the nurse gave a small smile to them. "Your sister is awake. The five of you can go in there now, but she doesn't remember much of anything." We nod and she leads us to Peggy's room. 

Laf placed a hand on my shoulder and I look up at him. "Are you going to be alright?" I ask him. I knew this was going to be hard on him, seeing as the girl he was crushing on and had gotten super close to wouldn't even remember who he was. 

He gives me a small smile. "We both will, Alex." He assures me. We walk into the room and the youngest Schuyler sister looks up at the five of us. She awkwardly smiles and waves at us. 

"Um..Hello there.." She says. 

Angelica smiles widely at her. She looked like she was in good shape, though wasn't as vibrant when not in her signature color. "Peggy, oh my God it's so good to see you."

The girl in the bed tilts her head at me. "Who..Who's Peggy?" She asks.

Angelica closes her eyes and hesitates. Hercules, the most stable of the five of us, explains to her. "You are." He says bluntly. 

I sit down in the chair near the door and Peggy scans over all of us. "Are you guys okay? It seems like it's been kind of rough for you.."

Lafayette nods slowly. "Yeah, yeah we'll all be okay. You had us worried, that's all." 

"Maybe we should introduce ourselves?" Angelica suggests. "I'm Angelica, your sister." She sits down in the chair next to Peggy's bed and Peggy's face lights up. 

"I have a sister?" She asks. "You'd think I'd remember that, I've always wanted a sister." She giggles gently. 

Angelica's smile dims, but she nods. "You have two of them. Me, and Elizabeth. We all call her Eliza, though." She says, pointing at the girl who was staring at the ground still. I'm sure she was happy her sister was awake, but still processing the fact that we have no clue how Philip was doing. 

Peggy smiles at Eliza and then frowns. "Oh, what's wrong Eliza?" She asks.

Eliza looks up at her and wipes her face, offering a fake smile at her. "Oh, sorry. I was just, um, thinking.." She says. 

Peggy nods and then looks at Angelica. "Angelica, Eliza, and Peggy. What's our last name?" 

"Schuyler."

"The Schuyler Sisters." She says, looking up at some vision she was having. "Wow, that's catchy." She giggles and then looks around. "So...Who are these guys then?"

Laf waves a hand. "I'm Lafayette, one of your best guy friends." He says, blushing gently. 

Peggy smiles brightly and giggles as she leans over and whispers something to Angelica. Hercules clears his throat and then waves at her as well. "I'm Hercules, a friend of yours. And that man right there is Alexander, also a friend." He explains. 

Peggy smiles at all of us. "Wow..I wish I could remember you all, it's so nice to know I've got two sisters and friends! Is there anyone else I should know?" 

Angelica looks around. "Um..John is taking his daughter home but he'll be back soon. He's another one of your friends. There are more, but we'll get into that later. Let's talk about what you remember for now.."

A nurse walks in and looks at me and Eliza. "Mr. Hamilton, Ms. Schuyler, I have some bad news.."

1056 Words

Wow I wrote that one quickly too. When there's drama, I just write lol.

Soooooooooo I had an idea, I'm not really sure how I'm going to execute it. I want everyone (without rereading) to please comment what they remember from Maria Lewis in this story. I may be changing up her character a bit.