♠ FIFTEEN ♠

John's POV

"You must be my roommate."

°

"So uh, did you want to-"

"Get to know each other? Not really. As you can see, I'm a little busy right now."

°

"Would you just leave me alone, Laurens?"

°

"Fuck off, Laurens."

°

Would you believe he said those things? Because I cannot believe that that person, and this person, are the same person.

Alex is...He's so kind. He's funny. He's actually caring, which is shocking.

I'm convinced it may be a Jekyll and Hyde situation, but it's probably not true. Considering that's physically impossible. Right?

Oh well, it doesn't matter. All that matters is that Alex and I are finally on good terms. And I guess we have Washington to thank for that.

I never told him that I knew, but I have a feeling he wants to tell me about it. He's holding back, and I'm not sure why.

My phone dings as I feel a pinching feeling on my arm at the same time. I look at my arm first.

'You're amazing.'

I smile brightly at this.

'No, you are.' I write back. I still have no idea who they are, but they really are amazing. What if I know them in real life?

I then check my texts and see Francis texted me.

6:39 pm

My Darlin You're amazing, you know that right? Let's go out to dinner tonight to celebrate your new friendship.

John L Sounds great. I love you.

My Darlin I love you too <3

I smile at my phone before I look between my arm and the messages. My soulmate and Francis both told me I was amazing at the same time. Coincidence? Possibly.

But what if Francis is my soulmate?

I wouldn't be surprised if he was. If anything, I'd be even more excited about our relationship. I already love him so much.

I smile and blush at the thought as Alex walks in the room with Eliza at his side. He smiles at me. "Hey John."

"Hey, Alex." I say back to him. They sit down across from me and I nod at them.

"I'll leave you two alone, I have to get ready anyway."

"Oh, where are you going?" Eliza asks, leaning on Alex's shoulder.

"On a date with Francis." I say, smiling brightly. It still shocks me that I'm with him.

"Oh, how nice!" She says. "Well, you two have fun."

I nod. "Same as you two." I pause and chuckle. "Should I find somewhere else to sleep?" I ask, teasing them.

Alex and Eliza both blush madly at this and Eliza giggles. "I mean.."

"Probably." Alex attempted to chuckle, but sounded just nervous.

I laugh slightly. "I'll just ask Francis if I can spend the night in his dorm. His roommate will most likely be at some party anyway."

"Alright, sounds good." Alex nodded. "See you later, John."

"Later you two." I wave and grab my casual/formalish clothes, as well as my bag, and walk down the hallway. I change in the bathroom and then stick my other clothes in my backpack. I fix my hair and then meet Francis at the restaurant we agreed to meet at.

"Well, look at you." Francis smiles.

I smile back and we lean in for a kiss. I sit down and blush gently. "Look at me? Look at you, you look great." I tell him.

He chuckles gently. "Whatever you say, darlin'. You will always look a thousand times better than me."

I blush even more and look at the menu. "Aaaannywaayy.." I chuckle. I look up and see him staring at me. "What? You're staring a bit." I tease.

"It's just...You never cease to amaze me." He says.

I bite the inside of my cheek as I try to act casual. "Why so that?" I cringe gently. "I meant to say why's that and then started to say how so." I think aloud.

He chuckles. "I just mean you in general. This guy hates you since you first met, and you take a chance on him and finally make him your friend. It's incredible how kind you are to people."

I frown slightly. "Well, I wasn't always kind to him... I was a jerk to him the past couple months.."

"Okay, but it's not entirely your fault." He suggests. "You can't blame yourself for this, just think about how much he hated you at first as well. It couldn't have been easy to let him in after all of that."

I nod. "Yeah, I guess you've got a point there." I look up at him. "Maybe we should talk about something else."

He smiles. "Alright, what do you want to talk about?"

I bite my lip. "Well... I've been thinking a lot recently about what I'm going to do after college.."

Francis nods. "Well, what would that be?" He asks.

"I'm still not sure. You know that I don't want to go back to South Carolina," Francis nods. We had talked about our pasts to each other on different occasions, feeling we could trust one another. "But I also don't want to stay the full four years, studying something I don't want to learn."

"So you have no idea?" Francis asks curiously.

I blush and stare at the table. "Well, I was thinking of enlisting in the army." I mumble quietly. I wasn't at all sure what Francis would think of this.

He sighs in response and lifts my chin up to look at him. "Why would you do that?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow. This was not the reaction I was expecting. "Well, because then I could actually do something good with my life. Plus, I could go for a couple years and then come back and go back to school for Marine Biology." I explain to him.

He frowns and shakes his head. "The US military is a scam, John."

I now furrow my eyebrows at him. I definitely thought he would support me with this. "What do you mean it's a scam? It's one of the most honorable jobs in the country."

"Yeah sure, if you're one of the highest ranking officers. If your just a soldier, you're not worth anything. You're just a person the government can throw into war without having to worry about you coming back." He sips his soda.

I scoff. "That is so not true, Francis. The men and women in the army are brave, strong, and they put their lives on the line for this country. I think it's just what I need to help me get back on track in my life. Just because you-"

"John, I'm sorry." He interrupts me. This was something I was, again, not expecting.

"What?" I ask.

"I'm sorry for the things I said. Clearly, this is something you're passionate about and well...If you want to enlist, you know I fully support you." He says before tilting his head. "Despite my own opinions."

I smile at him and hold his hands. "Thank you." I tell him. "I don't even know if I'm going to do it yet, it was just a thought."

He nods. "Well, why don't we discuss something else?" He asks.

I nod and smile. "Sounds good."

1208 Words

Just a little note, I fully support the army/marines/air force etc..

I thank these brave people for sacrificing themselves so we can live (somewhat) peaceful lives. While our country is a mess right now, they continue to serve and fight for what's right.

I just felt I'd put that there so I didn't offend anyone, and I'm sorry if I did.