eighty-six; lights out

— aaaand we're back ! happy new year <3

Despite the promise to work with Mr. Schue as equals, sometimes Finn and Winona just didn't want to go to work— especially since he now had a school schedule that would clash with glee club hours too often. But, there were times where they just didn't feel like going. They would call up Mr. Schuester, and tell him that Finn couldn't come in because of college, and Winona was feeling under the weather, and they got off scot-free.

After pulling that trick for what was probably the third time already, they decided to grab a drink at the Lima Bean. The couple sat across each other, the only thing between them being a circular wooden table of which their coffee cups rested on.

As Winona took a long sip of her drink, Finn's gaze practically burned her. Noticing his eyes on her, she cocked a brow, "What?"

"Are we just gonna pretend that you don't have to go back to New York?"

The question caught her off guard, and she involuntarily raised her brows, "Uh—"

"You can't stay here, now you know that more than ever," He explained, reaching his hand across the table for her to hold, and to fiddle with his fingers absentmindedly. She did that a lot without noticing, but her touch was so magical that it was the only thing he could ever notice, "When do they need you back in New York?"

"Well, I have to do this chemistry test and basically re-audition against this other girl for the role. I have to be in New York probably around Regionals time— So two weeks-ish? Then, if I get cast, I'll have to stay in New York for at least a year and a half," she elaborated, earning a mere nod from her boyfriend.

"Two weeks, got it," Repeated Finn, a bit of sadness evident in his voice. He didn't want her to go, but he did at the same time. It was a weird balance of missing her, and wanting to see her succeed, "Well, then we're gonna make the most out of the time we have left together, okay?"

Still holding onto her hand, Finn stood up and headed for the exit. Winona had no choice but to follow, as she was being dragged by the boy— giggles escaping their lips the whole time.

"Where are we going?" She asked between laughs, Finn grinding to a halt as he reached his car.

"You'll see."

The short drive to the dollar store was spent with Finn doing into detail about the awesome date night that had popped into his brain. A movie night— Winona would pick snacks and something to watch, then they would spend the night cuddling on the couch and scarfing down popcorn.

She was clearly enthusiastic about the idea, especially since they hadn't had a date like that since their junior year.

"So, for this movie night," Winona started with a smile as she walked into the store, holding hands with Finn, "what's our theme? Fantasy? Action? Horror?"

"You're the one leaving in a few weeks, so it's your choice."

Nodding, Winona immediately took off down the movie aisle. Seeing as she was still holding his hand, Finn was jolted forwards and dragged all the way there.

Winona wasn't afraid to be a bit of a control freak sometimes — and she was lucky enough to have a guy like Finn. He not only put up with it, but admired her intricate thoughts and want to be in control.

She briefly let go of Finn's hand and trailed her finger down the line of movies, trying to find the perfect one for tonight.

"Hmm .   .  we could watch the Muppets Movie, Twillight," She said absentmindedly, talking to herself more than her boyfriend, "Oooh, Cabin in the Woods?"