twenty-seven; the rocky horror glee show

"So— what are you guys gonna be for halloween?" Kurt queried at Brittany and Winona.

"I'm gonna be Cher from clueless!"

He smiled, agreeing with and encouraging her choice.

"I'm going as a peanut allergy," Brittany stated confidently. Everyone cocked their heads.

"Great news guys! I've had a little inspiration. This week's musical lesson isn't really a lesson. It's a musical," Mr. Schuester announced as he walked through the door, a pile of scripts in hand.

"Please be Little Shop of Horrors," Winona whispered.

"Please be Evita," Repeated Rachel.

"Rocky Horror!"

The colour drained from Winona's face. Rocky Horror pushed EVERY inappropriate boundary possible.

Mark would kill her.

"While I admire your choice of a groundbreaking 70's musical, aren't you worried that the adult themes might be a point of controversy?" Rachel asked hesitantly

"Seriously, a school in Texas couldn't even do Rent. It caused an outrage and they had to cancel the show," Added Kurt.

"I love Rent," Winona mumbled, pouting.

"Isn't that the whole point of the arts? Pushing boundaries?" Mr. Schuester challenged, "Doing things people say you can't do for the sake of self-expression?"

Brittany and Artie nodded intensely.

"Look, I figured it all out. I cut out some of the more risqué sections and I'm sending home permission slips to all your parents to make sure they're okay with it."

Her dad would never approve of this. Good thing she knows how to forge a signature.

"And we're going to charge admission and use the proceeds to help pay for transportation to nations in New York!"

Everyone gasped and murmured in agreement.

"Okay, let's talk about casting."

"Ooh!" Rachel put her hand up, "Finn and I will play Brad and Janet."

That was enough for Winona to hear. She sat back in her chair and zoned out.

"Great! I have no problem with that! Now, we're a little short on female roles. So, we're going to have to double up on Columbia's and Magenta's."

"It's standard practice on Broadway. It'll preserve your voices," Rachel commented.

"I'd like to preserve you in a jar in my basement," Scoffed Mercedes, making everyone laugh.

"We also need to double up on Janet—"

"Winona'll do it!" Quinn exclaimed.

Rachel gasped, "What??"

"She'd be amazing for that role, plus, she can't just not have a part," She continued. Mr. Schue nodded.

"Perfect! Winona and Rachel will play Janet."

"Mr. Schue, surely this is a joke. I shouldn't have to share the lead role, especially since my boyfriend is playing the love int—"

"Anyways!" Mr. Schue exclaimed after writing down Winona's name, cutting Rachel off before she could finish her sentence, "Sam, I'd like you to play the role of the creature."

"From the black lagoon?"

"Rocky. He's like the Frankenstein character except blonde. You'll kill the part," Explained  Winona