sixteen; home

This week was going bad, Jesse showed up suspiciously, there was a relations debacle going around, and the glee kids weren't allowed to perform in the auditorium. Everyone seemed pretty bummed. It was sad.

Winona watched Kurt and Finn in the busy hallway, clearly arguing. Finn started raising his voice before storming off. Winona took it upon herself to approach Kurt.

"What was that all about?"

"He's mad because our parents are in love. He and I will be moving into the same home and we will be spending oh-so much time together," Kurt mused dreamily, clasping his hands together. Winona's eyes widened.

"I know it's not a blood relation, but don't you think it's kinda wrong to be in love with your possible stepbrother-to-be?" She asked, sending him a judgy look of disapproval. She adored Kurt, but this was weird. Too far for love.

"Don't be so jealous, Winona. I didn't ask for your opinion, okay?" He skipped off to glee club, Winona following him in the same direction after dropping off some books she was carrying at her locker.

Winona sat between Finn and Puck, in front of Jesse for glee club that day. They were all chattering about the roller rink when Kurt got up to sing a song that was clearly for Finn. The entire room was silent, sending suspicious looks at Finn and Kurt the entire song.

Looking over at Finn, Winona saw how frustrated and embarrassed he felt. After the performance, everyone awkwardly clapped as Kurt turned away from them. Jesse leaned forwards, between Finn and Winona. He was smirking.

"Yikes," He uttered, before sitting back and putting his arm over Rachel's shoulders. Winona scoffed, putting a comforting hand on Finn's arm.

"Ignore him."

( — )

"It was so weird," Finn declared as he walked down the hall with Winona, "I tried getting along with Burt, and when I did, Kurt got all pissy. He's hot and cold. And impossible."

"Sounds like someone I know," Winona mumbled jokingly, referring to Finn. The joke flew over his head, so she quickly turned back to the subject at hand, "I don't know what his deal is, other than the fact that he's in love with you."

Finn scoffed.

"I hope you don't think I'm against gay people, Winnie. Like, I know you're bi or whatever, and I don't think thats wrong," He began timidly, stopping in the middle of the hall to speak with her. She practically forgot that she was out to him, considering it happened accidentally when they were discussing celebrities and she accidentally gushed about Sissy Spacek, "I don't think Kurt's bad for liking dudes, either but he's weirdly obsessed with me. Like Rachel was."

The look in his eyes was so genuine. Moments like these were reminders as to why she liked him so much.

"Finn, I get it. I didn't peg you for a homophobe."

Artie wheeled by them, catching Winona's eye. She quickly patted Finn's back, uttering a quick excuse to run off and to go catch up with Artie.

"Abrams! My man!" She called from behind him. He turned to look at her with a smile. She started incorporating my man into every conversation she had with Artie. It was their thing, and it was adorable.

"Win!"

"You excited to roller skate tonight?""