twenty-six; duets

— okay this is the LAST chapter i'm gonna post today i swear ksjsjs

Of course, Puck somehow managed to get himself thrown in juvie. Winona wasn't sure if she should be upset at him, or be happy that he would finally get some proper discipline. It didn't matter. What did matter was that Sam was gonna join. He agreed after he got out of the ER, post-football game to join them.

A Duet competition was interesting, but Winona didn't know who she was to sing with. Finn was obviously with Rachel, somehow, Brittany got with Artie, and Kurt wanted Sam. If only Matt was here, he and Winona would totally win the trip Breadstix.

Exiting the locker room, Sam stopped Winona as she walked down the halls.

"Hey, Winnie the pooh!"

"Could you pick a better nickname?" She said with a laugh.

"Whatever, I need a partner and you're my best bet. I have a feeling I'm yours too."

Winona turned to him with a furrowed brow, "What about Kurt?"

"He dropped me as a partner," Sam pouted, "plus, he already has a backup plan. You. . don't."

"Good point," Winona agreed with a shrug, "alright. I'm in."

( — )

After pushing past the sea of kids, Quinn made her way to Winona, clasping her hands together with a little smile.

"You like Finn."

Instead of defending herself, Winona closed her locker door and forced a smile.

"And you like Sam. What's up?"

Quinn's eyes widened.

"What?? No—"

"Don't sweat it, Quinnie, I won't tell," Winona added with a smile. Leaning against her locker, she felt relief as she saw Quinn smile back.

"Okay— Whatever. Maybe . . but—"

"What's up?"

"We're friends, Winona, can't a girl just talk to her friend?" She asked, making Winnie shrug, "I just wanted to let you know that I like you far better than that little troll Finn's dating. So,
I'm gonna set you two up."

Winona looked around to make sure there was no Rachel eavesdropping or anything, which was something she tended to do.

"How are you gonna do that?"

Quinn shrugged, "I'll figure it out. But I've got your back, kay?"

Winona nodded, waving goodbye as Quinn walked away, nearly bumping into Sam in the process.

"C'mon, we gotta go rehearse!" Sam approached Winona with a big grin. He took her hand and practically dragged her into an empty classroom, where their sheet music and a guitar awaited.

( — )

Winona was pretty sure that Finn and Rachel's performance was the worst thing she had ever seen. Casually, the couple went back to their seats, everyone sending them disgusted looks. Finn looked over at Winona afterwards, as if he didn't just pull the most offensive thing possible.