twenty-four; britney/brittany

Winona sat in the choir room in between Artie and Quinn, texting Matt discreetly while Mr. Schue wasn't looking. She was telling him all about Sam and how Tina was dating Mike instead of Artie.  He was amused by the drama, but was very excited to hear that they had the chance to go to New York. Before he disappeared, she told him about how she'd always wanted to go to New York. Not for reasons like Rachel— Winona would much rather see a show than star in it.

Busy sending a smiley face to her friend, Winona didn't see Mr. Schue turning around.

"Winona, no texting in class—"

"This isn't technically a class, Mr. Schue," She said with a grin, shoving the phone into her pocket.  He smiled faintly, putting his white board market behind his ear.

"Just, put the phone away please," He replied, she complied, turning it on silent mode, "All right, who can tell me who Christopher Cross is?"

Brittany raised her hand confidently, "He discovered America."

"Close. He did write an iconic chart topper— Sailing," Schuester corrected.

"Sounds lame," Winona whispered to Artie, him nodding.

"I have a bad feeling about this lesson."

"Now, some of you think of easy-listening as a bad thing—" Mr. Schue started, Winona zoning out to start texting Matt again. It wasn't until Kurt started suggesting they do Britney Spears instead that she focused.

"Spears is fierce, yo," Artie agreed, Tina clapping excitedly. Winona did the same, already racking her brain for a Spears song. There was a commotion, that Mr. Schue stopped.

"Kurt, sorry. No, no, no. I don't think she's a very good role model."

"What?" Winona cocked a brow, "She isn't a good role model but this Christopher Columbus guy was?"

"Yeah, Mr. Shue, we kind of grew of up with her," Rachel agreed.

"She's literally why I wanted to become a performer."

"I don't want to do Britney," Brittany started.

"Why no Britney, Brittany?" Inquired Kurt, confused.

"Because my name is also Brittany Spears."

Confusion ran through the room, everyone turning to her with the same confused expression.

"What the hell is she talking about?" Mercedes turned to anyone for an explanation.

"My middle name is Susan, my last name is Pierce. That makes me Brittany S. Pierce."

"Wh—"

"Brittany Spierce," Brittany cut Winona off, "I've lived my entire life in Britney Spears' shadow. I will never be as talented or as famous. I hope you'll all respect that I want Glee Club to remain a place where I, Brittany S. Pierce, can escape the torment of Britney Spears."

That was the strangest thing Winona had ever heard. She exchanged a confused look with Artie, before Mr. Schue caught everyone's attention once again.

"Well, there you have it, guys. It's been decided. No Britney. Sorry."

( — )