eighty-four; shooting star

hihihi so out of respect for actual shooting survivors and the chance of my disrespectfully portraying it inaccurately , i'm not gonna write any scenes of the students being in the room <3

Winona sat in the auditorium with the New Directions, eagerly awaiting the news of who they'd be competing with for regionals. Truth was, sometimes she didn't feel like Mr. Schue's equal— despite the fact that they were practically co-running the glee club together. Yet here she was, in the dark about practically everything he planned for the club.

"I hold in my hand, ladies and gentlemen, our competition for regionals," Announced Schuester, making everyone clap as he handed the paper over to Winona, "Drumroll, please."

Everyone did their best drumroll, vigorously slapping their lap to create the effect as she red the names aloud.

"From North Central High School in Indianapolis . . . the Hoosierdaddies."

"That's very clever," Tina uttered over the laughs.

"And from Our Lady of Perpetual Loneliness in Battle Creek, Michigan, the Nun-Touchables!"

Blaine cocked a brow, "Wait, is that a convent?"

"Guys, I like our chances against both these squads, but we still got a lot of work to do—"

Suddenly, Brittany walked onto the stage, looking slightly more serious than usual, "Mr. Shue, please stop talking. I have an announcement."

Everyone stared at her, sporting cocked brows and tilted heads.

"I regret to inform you a deadly asteroid is headed our way."

"Wait, didn't we just go through this at Christmas?" Questioned Blaine, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, and is it true you and Sam got married? Did that happen?"

"Shut up, Tina," Was her only reply, "I'm naming this comet; Tubbington-Bopp, and it is headed straight for Lima."

"Wait, so is it an asteroid or a comet?"

"It's both."

"Wouldn't NASA know something about this?" Marley asked, the chuckle evident in her voice.

"We can't trust NASA. I mean, last month a meteor exactly like Tubbington-Bopp hit Russia with no warning at all."

Artie scoffed, "Oh, so now it's a meteor."

"That's right, Artie, And when this meteorite hits, I will not be spending my time in this room preparing for regionals," She finalized, "I will be spending my last hours making amends with somebody who I need to get right with. Someone who I love very much— Lord Tubbington."

"Brittany," Winona looked over at her, "I don't think—"

"So go back to your homes and hide your wife, hide your kids and hide your wife," Brittany said after shushing the other, "McKinley High, I salute you."

Will exchanged a look with Winona. She nodded in return, prompting him to stand up, "Alright, let's head to the choir room."

As the students filed off the stage and out of the room, Winona sighed, "I have a feeling we're about to lose another week of regionals prep."

"You can say that again," He sighed, "But maybe we could at least make it a valuable lesson?"

"How about . . we make a lesson about last chances, and saying what you need to say?" She suggested, Schuester perking up.

"Genius!" He praised, offering a high-five, before they both headed to the choir room to present the lesson to the kids.

( — )