fifty-five; michael

— alright. i never mentioned this but i am NOT a canon puck apologist. i wrote my puck to not be a douche who took advantage of quinn. thats why winona is friends with him <3

It took her the whole weekend, but Winona officially did it. She found the perfect school for her career path. New York Film Academy. Mark, Eric and Winona stayed up all night helping her perfect her application. Her family supported her career choice 100%, and just wanted to see her thrive.

"Hey, Winona," Mark began, picking up a box off of a nearby shelf. Winona looked up from her computer and turned to him.

"Hm?"

"So, I've been saving this since before Bonnie was even pregnant with you. I want you to put it towards this acting career of yours," He explained, taking the lid from the box.

Winona nearly gasped, "You're kidding."

"I'm not." He smiled as Winona took a look inside. it was an envelope with paper bills of money practically sticking out of it. She didn't hesitate to practically tackle her father into a hug, holding him tight.

"Thank you, Dad. What would I do without you?"

Mark pulled away, smiling down at his daughter, "You're gonna thrive in New York, okay? All you need now, is to get a job so you can pay for the flight tickets and an apartment."

"Yeah, for sure," She agreed, "I already got one actually, at Lima Bean. I start next week."

Nearly tearing up, Mark beamed, "I'm so proud of you."

( — — )

Winona stood at her locker, putting up a small, photo of her and Finn next to one of her with the rest of the dream trio. From behind her locker door, Finn approached and cleared his throat to get her attention. She recognized it was him just by his second hand shoes, prompting her to close the door with a smile.

"Finn, guess what? I just applied for NYFA, it's a really good school for acting. I really think I have a shot of getting in!"

Finn smiled back, faltering, "That's, uh, great!"

"You okay?" She queried, cocking a brow at how out of it he looked.

"Look, I understand, you said you can't marry me right now, but . . your decision's kind of been bumming me out," He said feebly, avoiding eye contact as she faltered.

"Finn, we've been over this. I do want to
marry you someday, okay? And I will."

"But you're gonna go to New York."

"Yes, and, if you think you're up for it, I'd love for you to come with me," Winona told him, taking his hand in hers.

"And I will, but we're crazy if we think that it's gonna be easier to be a couple there than it is here," Finn explained quietly.

Winona wore a confused smile, looking up at her boyfriend cluelessly, "What does that mean?"

"I just— I think those rings are a reminder of exactly how we feel right now. They're gonna let us take a piece of our little world into the big city."

"How we feel is the piece of our little world, that's what we're taking into New York. But, I told you I would wear that ring around as my neck until we seriously get married."

"But—"

"Finn, I don't need to marry you to keep from straying— you're the only guy for me," She insisted, standing on her tip toes to peck his cheek, "I love you, okay?"