fifty-two; hold on to sixteen

With Rachel suspended from competing at sectionals, the Trouble Tones were sure they had an amazing chance to win.

"Winnie, I need your help to get Sam back."

Or not.

Sam was the best of the best— talented, attractive, and an amazing dancer. He could be the ticket to success for the New Directions. Winona didn't care much though, she wanted the dream trio back, which wasn't complete without Sam.

"Say no more, I'm in," She told him quickly.

"That easy? Helping me with this could ruin your chances of winning," Finn explained, making Winona smirk.

"Way to doubt my team," She joked, nudging him, "now c'mon, let's go get him back."

Winona was more than willing to skip class and find her friend, linking arms with Finn and heading for his car.

"So. . where is he, exactly?"

"Kentucky," He answered, opening the passenger door for her as she groaned.

"That's like. . 10 hours away!"

He chuckled, the two of them getting in the car and putting on their seatbelts, "Not exactly. It's maybe 3 or 4 hours. I'll keep the radio off in case you wanna sleep or anything."

"That's sweet of you," Winona said with a smile, already leaning back in her seat.

The car ride was slow and boring, but for the parts that Winona was conscious for were made much better by Finn's occasional jokes or random conversations that he would strike up every now and then. As they got out of the car, finally having reached their destination, Winona looked up at Finn and cocked a brow.

"Sam works in a bar? This can't be right."

He merely shrugged, "Rachel told me there just aren't a lot of theaters in Northern Kentucky, so theatre groups just have to perform in whatever space they can find."

"That's great, but . . There's a lot of ladies here," Winona trailed off, scratching the neck of her neck.

"Older ladies." He nodded, "That is weird."

"Good afternoon, ladies!" Called the announcer over the PA, "Are you ready to meet the men of Stallionz?"

"The what?" Winona asked as the ladies around them cheered and the music began.

"Then please welcome to the stage— Cobra!"

A firefighter stepped onto the relatively small stage, smirking at the ladies around him while dancing.

"I didn't know Backdraft was a musical," Finn claimed innocently, Winona's eyes widening.

"I don't think that's—"

"Someone get the door, 'cause here comes Mr. Package," The announcer went on.

"Oh god," She mumbled through her teeth in horror, unable to tear her eyes away.

"And ladies, let's give a warm welcome to White Chocolate!"

Sam stepping on the stage both made and ruined Winona's day. Her and Finn just stood there, jaws on the floor. As the song continued, they watched in horror as Sam tore off his outfit, leaving him in only boxers.

"That's not an image I can ever get out of my mind."

Winona looked to him, shielding her eyes, "Give me a dollar."

"What?"

"Just give me a dollar," She insisted. He complied, handing her a bill from her pocket. Finn called after her as Winona cut through the crowd to hand her friend on stage the dollar. Sam's gaze briefly glossed over her.