eighty-eight; all or nothing

— hmm so maybe writing this was fun but it made me cry ❤️ this is finnona's technical end

Winona sat in a chair in the choir room, watching the students file in cheerily. 7 days until nationals and everyone was excited.

Though, some people clearly had more important things to deal with. All of Winona's info on the drama that went down between these kids came from the whispers she heard in glee club— but that was about it.

For instance, Marley and Jake were squabbling as they walked through the door, "You know what? Someone has to do the right thing here."

"Marley stop—"

"Jake..."

Winona narrowed her eyes as the teens exchanged disapproving statements to one another, but shook it off as Mr. Schuester walked through the door with his furrowed brows.

"Uh, are Joe and Sugar here?" He queried, the pair suddenly heading through the door.

"Present, Mr. Shue!" Miss Motta called with a pack of jelly beans in one hand to share with her class, Joe following behind her.

"Sugar!" Lydia beamed, suddenly perking up. Something only Winona noticed, and she couldn't help but cock a brow. Still, everyone settled down one Will started to announce the finalized setlist that he, Finn, and Winona decided on the night prior.

The students cheered for the first song, but were even louder when Winona cut in, "—And Marley's original song All or Nothing!"

"Hey, Mr. Shue, what about my original song? Do you remember?" Brittany cut in, looking over to Artie as they sang the dorky song, "My cup, my cup Sayin' "What's up?" To my cup, my cup—"

"My Cup is one of a kind, but we're going with Marley's song," Mr Schue told her with a grin, assuming it was a joke.

"Oh, come on, boo. Two thumbs down."

Winona narrowed her eyes, "Uh, Britt? That's a little harsh."

"Can it, Rachel #2," She retorted, "The only way to polish that turd of a song is with my angelic alto voice. So I demand to sing it as a solo."

She started to stomp around the room like a diva, leaving everyone confused.

"—And I demand to sing all the good songs as solos. Everyone can snap their fingers and march around behind me," Brittany demanded, "Tina, please make an exact replica of Jennifer Lawrence's Oscar dress."

"Um, no?" Tina replied, Sam hopping off the piano to try and talk to her. Before he could speak however, the blonde went on.

"Let me break it down. No one in this musty choir room compares to my megawatt star power. Blaine, you're shorter than your average lawn gnome. Joe, you look like a Yucatán spider monkey. Tina is... you know, she's... Tina.  And Winona, we all know that movie you're gonna star in will be D list— but if we're being realistic? More like Z list."

After leaving Winona's feelings hurt, Sam finally was able to get in a word or two, "Wait, baby. Baby, I love you, but you're really out of line, here. And would you stop texting? I'm trying to talk to you, it's really rude."

Shrugging, Brittany then wrote out a text just for Sam and pressed send. He pouted as he started down at his phone.

"Did you seriously just break up with me? By a text?"

"Yeah," She shrugged, "As fascinated as I am by your
pillow-soft lips that are ten times too big for your face, I really miss my sweet, sweet lady kisses. Sorry/not sorry."