fifty; mash-off

West Side Story was finally over, and now everyone's focus had to be on their respective glee clubs. Still, Winona felt bad about the war going on between the two clubs, especially because she was friends with most of the people she was competing against.

Shelby had instructed the Trouble Tones to head to the auditorium first thing, but they were surprised to see the New Directions entering as well.

"What are you doing here?" Asked Rachel,  putting her hands on her hips as she watched the other team entering too. Santana stood in front of the rest of them, cocking a brow.

"Shelby told us she had something to show us," Mercedes responded.

"What are you doing here?" Winona questioned, resting her arm around Mercedes and Santana's shoulders.

"Mr. Shue said the same thing.

"Let me guess, he wants to combine choirs for Sectionals," Said Santana, already brainstorming insults, "Well, it's not gonna happen. The Trouble Tones are here to stay. So why don't you shuffle your busted choir off our stage."

"Look, you guys, we can compete without being enemies," Finn said nervously, "All right? We don't have to get vicious."

Santana crossed her arms, "Oh, I think we do, Soft Serve."

"Santana, that's—" Winona started, Brittany gently nudging her to stop talking.

"Not now, Watts. You see, tubbers, the Trouble Tones are 3F: fierce, femme, phenomenal. Oh, and, guys, hurry up, go get some moist towels! We have to keep Finn wet before we can roll him back in the sea."

"Okay, you know what, Santana? Finn is in great shape," Rachel hissed, stepping forwards, "and your meanness only highlights your own personal insecurities."

"And, Rachel, your mustache is thicker than a Middle Eastern dictator's."

Shelby and Mr. Schue thankfully showed up before more insults could be thrown around, singing their mash-up. While they did so, Winona looked to Finn, mouthing an apology for Santana without the other girls noticing.

"Sometimes bringing together two conflicting things can create something totally unexpected," Explained Schuester with a smile.

"We're not combining Glee Clubs, Mr. Shue."

"That's not what I'm talking about," He countered, "Shelby and I agree that with Sectionals coming up for both of us, it's time we all got serious with some friendly competition. Each group's going to put together their own mash-up to perform head-to-head. For the first annual McKinley High Mash-Off."

Winona wasn't opposed to the idea at all, but she would prefer a little thing called practicing for sectionals. Still, both teams seemed fine with it, already mentally prepping mashup ideas.

( — — )

After Santana roped the rest of her team into a dodgeball game against the other glee club, Winona was excited. What better way to release any stress or internal feelings than pelting your friends with dodgeballs?

"Please don't kill me," Finn mumbled to Winona before they started playing, "I'll actually pay you to not kill me."

"Aww, Finnie, that'd be no fun," She replied, patting him on the shoulder, "Plus, I already promised Quinn and Eric that I'd go easy on them. If I spared you too, it wouldn't be fair."

"You're so mean," He whined, pouting. She spun on her heel to join the rest of her girls in stretching, but not before looking over her shoulder to smile at Finn.