My thoughts exactly

She was awakened by a noise. The gentle sun was already lighting up the room. Charlotte stretched luxuriously, burying her hands in the soft pillow, and reluctantly got out of bed.
- Shhh...-  came a strangled whisper - God, what have you done?
- I couldn't leave it like this, it's not fair - the second voice replied, also in a whisper.
- We need to get out of here, and right now - Allison whispered (Charlotte finally recognized her) - this is going to get us in trouble.
-  Allison, please ! - cried Phillip - please.
- Let's go to the garden before we Wake up the whole house - Allison said sternly.
Phillip grunted back at her and they left the hall.
"I wonder what they're up to?" - Charlotte thought.
Allison was a sensible and clear-headed girl, but Phillip was constantly inventing new adventures for himself, not letting his sisters or parents get bored.
Charlotte dressed hastily and went down to the garden, determined to find out what the hell was going on.
Since Sidney had left for London, she had been very lonely. Charlotte missed him and couldn't imagine how she could live without him for the rest of her life. Her younger sister also didn't find herself anxiously awaiting the return of Crowe.
The lovers did not want to part, but the circumstances demanded their presence in London. A little more than a month had passed since Howard's attempt on Charlotte and Georgiana, and now he and his men were brought before the court, where the gentlemen were witnesses. With regard to Mrs Campion, the case was more difficult than expected Charlotte in the beginning. A lot of money and connections played a role, and Eliza was released. However, her joy did not last long. The timely intervention of Lord Broome, and later of Lady Wooster and Crowe, persuaded the authorities to take a closer look at Mrs Campion and her activities. In the end, Mr. and Mrs. Campion's business dealings came to light and sealed Eliza's fate. Their income was declared illegal, and most of their wealth, including a large estate and town house in London, was requisitioned for the Treasury. Mrs. Campion received a meagre allowance, which would hardly have attracted a suitor of any sort, especially after the publicity in the papers. The court had been kind to her, sparing her a prison sentence, but even this was hardly liking to her, since she had no money for better things she had been forced to live on her parents ' estate. God only knew what kind of life awaited her there, in the house where she had grown up, with a father who had never loved her and who reminded her day after day of Charles.
The trial was over and everyone got what they deserved, according to Sidney's last letter, but the men stayed in London for a couple of days to finish their business, including wedding preparations. Charlotte was really hoping that they will be able to return to the ball on the end of the tournament.
She smiled. Their great adventure was a success, and Sanditon was the talk of England. The lease of the apartment was scheduled for the end of the season, and Lady Denham was able to return her investment and was very happy. Tom was soaring in the glory and finally found time to be with his family. Diana received a marriage proposal from Dr. Fuchs, and for a long time refused it, expecting that this would insanely upset Arthur. But after talking to her brother, she decided not to miss this chance.
Charlotte went out into the garden and looked around, seeing neither her brother nor her sister.
Suddenly she heard a stifled laugh in the thicket by the far bench where she and Sidney had so often walked. Charlotte crept closer and saw Allison and Phillip sitting with their backs to her, giggling happily.
- What's going on here? - Charlotte said as sternly as she could, using the older sister's privilege.
Since his parents had left, Phillip, who had been left in the care of his sisters and Lady Denham, had been remarkably quiet, but now he was clearly planning something bold.
Allison and Phillip stood up abruptly, hugging each other tightly, as if hiding something behind their backs.
- It's all right - Phillip said with a broad smile that didn't convince Charlotte.
- What are you hiding from me? - she asked - Allison, I know something's wrong, I heard you talking in the hallway.
- I told you we'd Wake up the whole house - Allison said, pointing at her brother - why did I listen to you?
- Hey, you made a fuss yourself - Phillip said, sounding offended -he's been here for three days and no one has noticed anything. If you hadn't intervened, no one would have found out.
Allison glared at her brother, then lowered her eyes again.
- Who is he? - Charlotte asked- what in God's name is going on here?
- You're not going to like this - Allison said, stepping aside to reveal her secret guest to Charlotte.
Her unease turned to emotion as soon as she saw who her brother and sister were hiding so fiercely.
Not far from the bench, a puppy was sitting in the tall grass. Small and clumsy, with large paws and drooping ears, he looked at her with such piteous eyes that Charlotte's heart sank. Its Golden fur glistened in the sun, making it incredibly cute, as if showing everyone a real little miracle of nature. The puppy was shaking with fear, but it took a couple of steps toward her, as if it wanted to make friends. One step, one more, one more. It was so touching that Charlotte couldn't help but smile, which was immediately rewarded with a welcome wag of his little tail. She crouched down, holding out her hands, which were immediately licked. Charlotte scratched him gently behind the ear and picked him up. She felt an incredible tenderness as she hugged the small, fluffy, warm ball, thinking once again how much she missed Sidney.
The puppy licked her cheek and she laughed.
- Isn't he very nice? - Phillip said - I couldn't leave him there, he would have starved to death.
- Yes, he's lovely - said Charlotte, smiling, but then she added - wait, did you bring the puppy to Sanditon house? What will Lady Denham say when she finds out? Phillip, we're not on a farm, you can't do this.
- I know - he said seriously - but what was I supposed to do, leave him to die? He was sitting next to the cliff, so hungry and so alone.
- I don't remember you being allowed to go anywhere alone - Allison said.
- Well, I'm not a girl to sit around and wait for permission - Phillip replied hotly - and then, since the gentlemen have left, you've been doing nothing but patronizing me. And I am , by the way, already an adult and can take responsibility for my actions.
- Oh, Yes, I can see that - Charlotte said, shaking her head, still holding the puppy in her arms  - and he's proof of that.What are we going to do with it now?
- I don't know - Allison said.
- Would Lady Denham like to keep it? - Phillip suggested.
- Are you kidding? - Allison asked him.
- She same soon will remain quite one, you and Charlotte will marry, I'll leave immediately after wedding Charlotte - observed Phillip - she perhaps will be lonely.
- I don't think she was going to get a dog - said Charlotte - but it's not polite, you're visiting, Phillip, and it's not acceptable.
- I know, I know - Phillip said quietly.
- We'll try to get him some where - Charlotte said - and I'll talk to Sidney or Mr. Stringer. They will help, but keep him away from Lady Denham.
Phillip nodded and took the puppy from Charlotte and ran briskly back to the house.
- I wish Francis and Sidney would come back - Allison said with a sigh - with them, Phillip is completely different.
- Me too, cannot wait for their return - answered Charlotte smiling - thank God, that all bad already ended.
- I hope so - Allison said.
There was a thud and a patter of feet.
- Stop! Well, stop you, finally! - Phillip exclaimed.
A woman's scream, the clatter of broken dishes, and Lady Denham's menacing voice told the sisters that their brother would need their help.
- Phillip Heywood! - she said - immediately take the trouble to explain what is happening here, and why this creature is in my house!
Charlotte and Allison looked at each other and ran to the open terrace.