Outlier

The carriage jerked awake from a brief and restless sleep. He looked out of the window, trying to recognize the painfully familiar scenery, and concluded with satisfaction that it was not long to go. The sooner he was in London, the sooner he could go back to where he had left his heart.
- Finally the you woke up - quietly said Crowe - I already thought, that I will have die from boredom in full silence.
- You could try to sleep, too - he said.
- Why? - asked Crowe - I sleep well at night, unlike you. You look lousy. I hope you're not howling at the moon like our old friend Babbington last summer???
Sidney chuckled.
- I spent most of the night dealing with the contracts that came in yesterday - Sidney said - There were some problems with the supplier.
- That's why we're going to London - Crowe said.
- I could manage it alone - Sidney said - but thanks anyway.
- I think my help may still be needed - said Crowe - in the evening I received a message that Mrs. Campion had returned to her home in London. The circle is narrowing, my friend.
Sidney rubbed his eyes wearily.
- I not planned to meet her - with sadness confessed  Sidney - I even not know now to speak with she, after what I learned.
- The same as usual - Crowe said, taking out his flask and taking a few SIPS - a couple of glasses, a compliment, a smile, and she wouldn't notice.
- You're incorrigible - Sidney said with a sigh.

He closed his eyes. Sidney's thoughts went back to last night. What had happened on the beach still stirred his soul and made his heart beat faster. He still seemed to feel Charlotte's fervent touch, her kisses, and to hear her soft voice. "She loves me! She is mine! Sydney thought, smiling.
They returned home quite late, the sun had already set and it was noticeably colder. Charlotte, wrapped in his coat, clung to him and dozed off as they rode in the carriage. She was so vulnerable that Sidney's heart ached with love and tenderness. He wanted desperately to hold her close and not let her go.
When he got home, he found Tom upset. He walked around the living room, unable to find a place for himself.
- What's wrong, Tom? - asked Sidney.
- We've lost our main supplier, Sidney! - Tom said - if we don't think of something, we won't be able to make it to the beginning of the tournament.
- I'm going to London tomorrow - Sidney said - We have enough time to fix this. Why does he refuse the contract?
- All the documents there - answered Tom, pointing to the table - to be honest I don't know, maybe you'll have better luck.
- I all'll take a look - quietly said Sidney - warn servants, I'm leaving on the morning, immediately after Breakfast.
- Yes, Yes, of course - said Tom, walking away.
Sidney sat down at the table and exhaled heavily. He wasn't planning on going anywhere now that Charlotte was so close to him. He couldn't bear the thought of leaving her, but he had no choice. The fate of the tournament was at stake, and this he could not afford to sacrifice.
The first thing he did was to write a note to Babbington, informing of his departure, and asking him to look after Charlotte during his enforced absence.
Sidney spent a lot of time and effort before he was able to sort out the documents sent. It was obvious that some mistake had occurred and their payments had not reached the supplier. Unfortunately, he was right; leaving for London was inevitable.
He had only managed to get a couple of hours ' sleep when morning finally claimed him, and the sun rose and woke Sanditon, who was sleeping peacefully.
After jumping out of bed and cleaning himself up in a matter of minutes, Sidney ate a hasty Breakfast and left the house in search of Charlotte. It was still very early and he had hoped to find her at the hotel, but she was not there.. In desperation, he wrote her a letter. He couldn't just leave without any explanation and without saying goodbye. As he left the hotel, Sidney heard a familiar voice and turned to see Charlotte walking hand in hand with Augusta. The girls chatted and laughed merrily. Judging by Charlotte's still damp hair, they went swimming. Sidney hurried to meet them.
- Miss Heywood, Lady Augusta - said Sidney, bowing to the ladies.
- Mr. Parker - they said almost in unison, and curtsied.
- Is something wrong, Mr. Parker? - Charlotte asked, seeing his excitement.
- Nothing serious - said Sidney - but unfortunately things have turned out so badly that I need to go to London right now.
He looked into Charlotte's eyes and saw the worry in them. Augusta only watched their conversation from the sidelines.
- How long do you intend to stay in London, Mr. Parker? - she asked anxiously.
- I've got a lot of important unfinished business left here in Sanditon - Sidney said - I don't intend to stay in London, there's nothing keeping me there.
He was sure that Charlotte had understood the true meaning of his words.
- Good luck, Mr. Parker - Charlotte said, trying to smile, Sidney could see her fidgeting with her hat - I hope you can get back as soon as possible.
- Thank you, Miss Heywood - said Sidney - and I hope you find something to do
She looked at him again.
- Thank you, Mr. Parker - said Charlotte - I believe I know how to use my time. I received a letter from lady Worcester, in which She expressed a desire to visit me.
- Then you'll have a great time - Sidney said - Miss Heywood, Lady Augusta, have a good day.
The ladies curtsied. Sidney turned and walked briskly toward Trafalgar house, fighting the urge to look back.