Ready to you

She closed her eyes and spread her arms like a bird flying toward the sun. A light sea breeze caressed her face and ruffled the curls of her dark hair. Taking a deep breath, she disappeared into the cool of the morning, leaving all her problems and worries far behind. The sound of the surf and the occasional cry of gulls lulled her fears into a welcome serenity.
- You were right - he said - here is really very beautiful.
She smiled and opened her eyes. Standing on the edge of the cliff, she looked out at the vast blue expanse of the sea, which had so often given her peace and quiet that for a while she forgot about her companion.
- I always say what I think - she said at last.
- That's the beauty of it - he admitted - you're the most unusual girl I've ever seen.
- How many girls have you seen? - with interest asked she - that have been able to draw such conclusions?
- Believe me, it's enough - he said with a smile - both in England and abroad.
- Then I suppose you paid me a very generous compliment? - she asked, raising her eyebrows a little.
- So it turns out - he said cordially.
- That's rather nice of you - she said.
- I'm a rather nice gentleman, don't you think? - he asked, trying not to smile.
She laughed, so openly and sincerely that he felt light-hearted.
- You can't stop joking even now - she said, still laughing - I don't know how you do it.
- I just wanted to cheer you up a little - Broome said.
- And you did - Georgiana said.
- In that case, I have something to be proud of - he said.
- Definitely. - she agreed - and what have you done with our companions?
For God's sake, what I might have done with them? - he asked - They ran to the arena themselves, dragging Mrs. Griffiths and the Reverend with them. They said they had brought new sweets to the shop, but I think they liked the shopkeeper much better.
- How astute of you, Lord Broome - said Georgiana - nothing can be hidden from you.
- As far as I know you always speak the truth - he reminded her - then you will not have any difficulties.
- You're right - Georgiana said with a smile, and then frowned at her nose and asked - and now we should go to the store, too?
- Actually, Miss lamb - Broome began - I have another suggestion for you. We were almost at the stables. Would you like to ride? Unless of course you are not afraid?
Georgiana's eyes twinkled with mischief and she narrowed her eyes at Broome.
- I think you should be afraid, Lord Broome - Georgiana said defiantly - I bet I can outrun you.
I accept your offer - he said, extending his elbow to her - then we should be on our way at once.
She nodded back and took his hand.

- Are you cold?-   Sidney asked solicitously.
- It's all right - Charlotte said with a smile.
- What do you think they're talking about? -  Sidney asked, looking at Allison and Crowe as they moved forward - I guess my independent and ironic friend got a blow that he didn't expect.
- What is it? - she asked with interest - I've had always thought that Mr. Crowe, with his sense of humor, was practically invulnerable.
- That's what I thought - said Sidney - but I'm glad I was wrong. Your sister unknowingly hit him right in the heart.
Charlotte smiled at him and looked down.
- Obviously, the Heywood ladies have a lot of charm - Sidney continues - as well as honesty, kindness, and loyalty.
Her cheeks flushed hotly, but she forced herself to look into his eyes.
- I quite forgot about modesty - quietly said Sidney, stopping and turning to Charlotte - I probably will be able to enumerate all your advantages forever, but this would still not be enough to express all my feelings to you.
- You're exaggerating, Sidney - she said, her voice trembling - it's too much...
- You are not too anything - Sidney said, his voice hoarse with emotions - how I wish I'd realized it sooner, that I was such a narcissistic blind man.
- Sidney...-  she began, barely able to swallow the lump in her throat.
- You were always honest with me - he continues - and all your reproaches were just. If I hadn't been so stupid, things might have been very different now. This thought has been bothering me for a very long time.
- Don't blame yourself - she said with a smile - It's already happened. And you are what you are and I love you just like that, you know?
- Yes - seriously replied Sidney - don't understand only one - what I did to deserve such happiness? Everything I did in my life was selfish and stupid.
- No, you're wrong - Charlotte said, looking into his eyes - don't doubt yourself.
- Charlotte, you have no idea how much I want to hug you and kiss you right now - honestly confessed Sidney - I wish we were alone.
- Mr. Parker! - she exclaimed.
- Miss Hеywood - he said, trying to keep a straight face - just a few minutes ago you told me to tell the truth. I am happy to fulfill your wish.
- But we're not alone, and we can't... even to talk about it - said Charlotte, suddenly sad - and then to Mrs. Campion...
- Left Sanditon this morning - Sidney continued, desperately catching Charlotte's eye - she is not here and will not be. I'm sure I'll be able to give you some good news soon.
Charlotte let out a loud sigh, as if a great weight had suddenly been lifted from her shoulders. She looked up at him.
- I'm so tired, Sidney - she said softly, and then added - not from walking, but from all this, from lying, from being afraid.
- I'm sorry," he said bitterly. this is all my fault. Bear with me a little longer, my dear; we must wait a little longer.
- Anything for you - Charlotte said sincerely, looking into the face she loved.
Sidney's heart began to beat faster and a wave of tenderness washed over him.
- Perhaps we should catch up with Allison and Mr. Crowe - Charlotte suggested.
- Yes - Sidney agreed, extending his elbow to her - but promise me we won't be in a hurry. Possible... they also have something to discuss.
Charlotte smiled, taking his arm affectionately.