To find a moment...

Powerful gusts of wind made the windows of the tavern sway. The rain drumming on the roof was a wall, hiding everything from its occupants, even the building on the other side of the street. 
The dim light in the hall, the people talking peacefully, and the large cups of tea on the table, which still gave off a slight smoke, created an incredible comfort, so contrasting with the violence of nature outside the window.
He looked at her with interest, trying to guess what she was thinking. She turned to him and looked straight into his eyes, as if challenging him.
- How long have you been in Sanditon?-  Broome broke the silence.
- Almost a year - Georgiana said - but does it matter?
- This is a pretty private place - Broome continues - and you don't go near it. I confess I watched you during the contest.
- And what conclusion did you draw? - she asked with a grin
- Only one - said Broome - you don't look like a country bum at all. But here you are, in Sanditon, and that baffles me. I want to know a little more about you.
- Oh, God, don't ask me who my favorite poet is - Georgiana said with a smile.
- I'll try not to disappoint you - Broome said.
- I'm counting on it - she added.
- So who is your favorite poet? - Вroomе asked, trying to keep a straight face.
Georgiana suddenly laughed out loud, as she hadn't done in a long time. Even Arthur couldn't cheer her up that much. Surprisingly, this very question, which had been asked by Edward and which had only caused her disgust at the time, suddenly made her laugh today.
- I hope this is a so-called compliment to my sense of humor? - Broome asked with a smile.
- Definitely - Georgiana said, still trying to catch her breath.
- How did you get to Sanditon? - he asked again.
- I was brought here by my guardian - Georgiana replied, and, cutting off other questions on the subject, added - that there were reasons I didn't want to talk about.
- Maybe then tell me where you learned to shoot a bow like that - Broome asked.
- Oh, that was a long time ago, back in Antigua - she said.
Broome sipped the hot tea from the cup in front of him and prepared to listen.

- I don't want to hear anything - Augusta said angrily, walking briskly toward the stairs.
She would have liked to run away from home and hide in the green of the park behind Denham place, but the damned rain would not stop. Augusta felt like she was in a cage.
- But you have to understand - do not let Babbington - he's a metal worker, and you... you're too young.
- How long have you been such a caring brother? - asked Augusta - Where were you been when I was alone in a boarding school in France?
- You received a decent education - not understanding its claims responded Babbington.
- I needed a brother, the only native person, not this education - she added - you left me, and now you teach me how to live?
- You think I was a bad brother and left you alone? - he asked inaudibly, and looked at Augusta.
- My God, what's going on here? - asked Esther - you were shouting so loudly that they must have heard you at Sanditon house.
Esther looked at her husband and sister-in-law. She saw so much pain in his eyes that Esther felt uneasy. Augusta frowned at her brother.
- I'm sorry - Babbington said, shaking his head slightly as if to ward off unpleasant visions.
He bowed, went into the hall, and, taking an umbrella, went out into the street in silence. Augusta burst into loud sobs.
Esther stared at her for a moment, giving a chance to calm down. Augusta reminded her of herself when she found out that Edward had betrayed her. Then she helped Babbington, now she had to help his sister somehow. Esther had never considered herself particularly sensitive or emotional, but the fragility of Augusta sobbing so inconsolably in her arms touched her heart.
She understood and fully accepted her husband's arguments about the undesirability of a relationship with Mr. Stringer, but she also understood Augusta's pain, because she had loved a man for many years with whom she could never be together.
- I didn't want to say it - raising her tear - stained face said Augusta - I don't think he's a bad brother, I just got angry at his words. He's all I have.
- I know - said Esther calmly - and he knows it too...simply... he needs time to think about it.
- Now he will hate me - again sobbed Augusta, somehow pronouncing the words through the streaming tears - he did everything for me, and I ungrateful repaid him with this.
- Perishing this accurately not will happen - with smile, told Esther - your brother just doesn't know how to hate, and to be honest, he's pretty bad at being angry. You should have known how many hurtful words I said to him before our wedding, no doubt considering myself very witty. But as you can see, it didn't change anything.
- I can't believe it, you're such a good couple - Augusta said, wiping away her tears.
-You will have, because this truth - cheerfully answered Esther and, pointing to window for which still behaved quite a strong rain added - and stop shedding tears, there's plenty of dampness today.