Substantial conversation

It was a very pleasant morning. Sidney walked through the streets of Sanditon, returning to Trafalgar house after a morning swim. He needed to cool down and think hard. He was more than ever looking forward to Crowe's arrival. A lot depended on what he was able to unearth.
Sidney entered the house, thinking of Charlotte. They hadn't seen each other for only a few hours, and he already missed her terribly.
Sidney smiled, remembering last night. He didn't know how long they stood on that rock without saying a word, but they were probably the happiest moments of his life.
Charlotte held him so tightly that he could feel every curve of her beautiful body. His hands held her gently, afraid to let go for a moment. Sidney's heart was pounding, unable to resist the attraction that had re-emerged between them.
-Sidney, are you here yet? - Tom asked, coming out of the living room and into the hall - You have a note.
- A note? Where is it? -  Sidney asked anxiously.
- Here you go! What happened yesterday? - said Tom, handing his brother a neatly folded piece of paper  - Why did Charlotte leave? And you? Lady Denham was displeased.
Sidney picked up the paper and his throat went dry with excitement. It was Crowe's handwriting. He eagerly unfolded the note and, after reading it without a word, went to the door.
- Sidney! What's going on here? - Tom shouted after Him - Can I help?
Sidney stopped at the door and turned to Tom.
- It's all right, Tom. I just need to go to a meeting - said Sidney - I'll explain everything to you after.
He nodded to his brother and went outside. After flying to the pub in a couple of minutes, Sidney went inside in search of Crowe. He was sitting impressively at a table in the corner of the room, sipping a cigarette and drinking something from a wine glass.
Sidney walked across the room and sat down opposite him.
- Crowe - Sidney said.
- Parker!  - said Crowe - would you have a drink with me?
His friend's cheerful mood cheered him up a little.
- No, thank you - he replied - I'd rather listen to the news that you brought for me.
Sidney was very worried and couldn't hide it.
- Well, then you definitely need a drink first - Crowe said, pouring a second glass.
Sidney silently drank and looked at his friend, waiting for him to start talking.
It was some time before Crowe finished his long story about Mrs. Campion. Sidney was silent. The shock of what he heard left him speechless.
- Is Charles Colins dead? - he asked.
Crowe nodded in response.
- Eliza never mentioned about his death - Sidney said.
- Did you know him? Crowe asked.
- Yes - said Sidney, still recovering - a fine fellow, Jolly, well-read, and very interesting to meet. However, they did not get along with Eliza, constantly clinging to each other in small things.
- Did she know about Charles's addiction and keep pushing him to do it? - he asked, unable to believe what he had just heard - How is this possible? I also sometimes want to kill Tom, but these are just fleeting thoughts. I would never lay a finger on him... I would die for him... God, she is a monster...
- Unfortunately, this is true - continued Crowe - my source can be trusted.
- I can't believe it - Sidney said - I'd heard about these parties, but I couldn't imagine that she was involved. I almost married her.
Crowe poured him another glass and Sidney drained it in one gulp.
- What am I supposed to do with all this? - Sidney asked, confused, not fully aware of the gravity of the situation.
- Nothing - Crowe said - at least until we get proof. It takes time
- Yes, you're right - Sidney muttered.
- And - crow said - don't get into direct conflict with her.  We need to do everything delicately, so that she decides to leave. This is too personal for you, so leave it to me.
Sidney was so grateful to Crowe that it took him a moment to find the words.
- J...  Sidney began.
- Thank you then, when I finish - interrupted his Crowe - better tell me what you have here is happening. Babbers says the Regent's messenger surprised you all.
Sidney smiled.
- Surprised - not this  word - he said - I thought I was going crazy.
Crowe laughed.
- Miss Heywood will wipe our noses, I'm sure - he said - and you, my friend, are now, like Babbers, completely lost to humanity.
- She's amazing - Sidney agreed
- Tell me, how far is Willingden from here? - Crowe asked, smiling - and are there any other miss Heywood?
- No, not very far - said Sidney, not understanding to what is leading his friend - Charlotte have a sisters, and why you ask?
- I think, me is worth go there - said Crowe with a sly a smirk - maybe I will have chance to join in your society lovers idiots, until not vanished desire to.
- Crowe, sometimes you really surprise me -  Sidney said seriously.
- I'm very discouraged myself - Crowe said, laughing - drink?
The men drank another glass of wine.
- Did I miss something? -  Babbington said, sitting down at the table.
- No more than three glasses - Crowe said - join us?
- With pleasure - Babbington replied with a smile, gesturing to the waiter.
- Where are your Ladies? - Sidney asked.
- Esther has gone to lady Denham, who asked Her to help with the paperwork, but I think she just wants to chat - Babbers said, smiling - and I've just handed Augusta over to Miss Heywood.
- Oh, I see -  Sidney asked.
- She's just fascinated by Miss Heywood - Babbington said.
- They'll go alone? - asked by Sidney - it's quite far.
- I think Mr. Sidney Parker wants to see the ladies off - Crowe said with a grin - Babbers, maybe we shouldn't bother him.
- I think you're right- said Babbington.
Sidney smiled and got up from the table.
- I'm not saying goodbye, gentlemen - he said.
Friends in response only raised their full glasses in greeting. He took his leave and went in search of Charlotte and Augusta.