Fine fresh day

The gentle sun, breaking through the trees, lit up the clearing with a magical light. The noise of the wind-disturbed leaves and the singing of birds gave her an incredible sense of calm and unity with nature.
She looked around, evoking memories of the place. The multicolored flags fluttering in the wind seemed to reflect the bustle and General elation around them. The men were talking loudly and laughing, and the ladies were busy working on the treats placed under a large awning. Nothing escaped her keen eye, not the brief glances exchanged between Sidney and Charlotte, not the nervousness of Tom trying to please everyone, not the embarrassment of Mr. Stringer, who was clearly feeling out of place.
All the preparations were quite peaceful and friendly. The exception, perhaps, was the appearance of the old Lady, who seemed to dislike everything from the place where the picnic was held. Lady Worcester smiled, wondering what would happen next.
- Mr. Parker - Lady Denham said, turning to the other man - who decided to have a picnic here on the lake, among the mud and those dreadful midges? Why not set it up on the coast or in Sanditon house Park?
- Lady Denham - Tom began apologetically said - the glade by the river is a beautiful place, we often hold picnics here..
Lady Denham frowned, about to contradict him.
- Lady Denham, forgive me for taking the liberty - Broome said with a smile - but it was I who persuaded Mr. Parker to stop at this option .
The lady looked at the man she didn't know, and then back at Tom.
- I beg your pardon, Lady Denham - said Tom -  let me introduce Lord Broome, who has come to us from London. He is a great friend of our Miss Heywood.
Lord Broome bowed in greeting.
- Well, I'm not surprised - said Lady Denham - if miss Haywood was able to persuade the Regent himself, then what was a simple Lord to her? Show me my seat, Mr. Parker!
Lord Broome smiled, thinking that a lady who had lived to such a respectable age might well indulge in some oddities.
Tom led the Lady under the awning to a chair that had been prepared for her.
- Lady Denham - Arthur greeted her with a smile, carefully loading sandwiches and eclairs onto a large white plate - let me help you.
He bent down to adjust the pillows and, catching his elbow, pushed a large platter of fruit off the table, which by some miracle, at the very last moment, Tom managed to catch.
- Mr. Arthur Parker - Lady Denham said loudly, frowning - Please don't help me any more. And anyway, try to stay as far away from me as possible, I'm still going to live to see my next birthday.
Arthur hurried away, not forgetting to take the plate he had so lovingly filled. The lady settled back in her chair and watched the proceedings.

- Mr. Stringer  - Charlotte said with a smile - I'm so glad to see you here. Come to the table, would you like a snack?
- Miss Heywood - James greeted her - Lord Broome was kind enough to invite me here, but to be honest, I feel a little uneasy, I feel like a stranger here.
- You just need to relax and be yourself - said Charlotte, slightly squinting - and then everyone will understand what a kind and interesting person you are.
- Thank you, Miss Heywood - said Stringer - you have always been very kind to me.
- Because you really deserve it - said Charlotte - will you be competing today?
- I'm a pretty good shot - sheepishly admitted James - but I don't know how convenient it is in this situation.
- You should definitely participate, Mr. Stringer - she said happily - I'll tell you a secret, I also want to try my hand.
Stringer looked at her in surprise. She nodded in response.
- And then, with this support team - Charlotte continued, turning to the Beaufort sisters and Augusta, who were standing under the awning and giggling at James - I think you're just going to win.
Stringer smiled at her.
- Thank you for your support, miss Heywood - he said - who will you support?
Charlotte hesitated, unconsciously looking through the eyes of Sidney.
- Miss Heywood, Mary said, that you need help - Sydney's voice came from behind her -I'm all yours, tell me what to do - and bowing, turned to James - Mr. Stringer
- Mr. Parker - James said.
- I beg your pardon, ' said Charlotte - I wish you good luck, Mr. Stringer.
She turned and followed Sidney.
- I really need help, Mr. Parker - Charlotte said, rather loudly, and then added in a lower voice - but I'm sure Mary didn't tell you anything.
- So we'll think I just felt it - Sidney said with a smile.
- If that's the case, then help me set the target, Mr. Parker - she continued.
- I'm at your disposal - Sidney said.