epilogue

First of all, thanks for even reaching this chapter.

Now I'm going to get to the point:
I'm giving up on this book.
The biggest problem is the lack of motivation to continue this story.
I started this in april having so many great ideas, but got a writer's block in may.
The storyline has been all over the place until the beginning of June where I stopped writing in the first place.

Now it's the first of August and I don't know how to make this book interesting anymore, I haven't even gotten to the main part of the book.

But I decided to end it here, while still trying to write an epilogue.

Maybe there will be a book after this through the eyes of one of their children, but I can't promise that.

That's all, now enjoy.

Pov Bailee

There I sat on a chair in the front row, next to me were my little brother and my dad.

Opposite from us on a platform raised just a small bit stood my other dad, looking nervous as always.

This time it was deserved, I wasn't going to visit a friend or five minutes late.

This time it was his coronation.

He had waited for this for so long, there was a ten year difference between his and my other father.
Ten years since I got adopted.

I remember being frightened of the full blood vampire.
His wings were out the first time I met him, a stupid mistake as he calls it.

Now I was used to the sight of his wings, it almost scared me when they weren't out.
I bet he even slept with them if he could even though it looks rather painful.

My eyes scan the white shirt he was wearing, completed with a nice dark red tie and black pants.
He never looked this formal, the tie was an odd thing to see.

'He looks beautiful doesn't he?' I whisper to the male next to me.
'He always does.'
'No time to get dreamy and smile at your husband, look how nervous he is.' 'Also that's a Ted thing to say,' adds Alex.

I laugh at his response and focus back on the scene playing out in front of us.

'Friends, families, allies,' someone starts making everyone focus on the stage as well, 'Welcome by this special occasion where the crown gets passed onto a new generation.'

A few people cheer enthusiastically making me smile for my dad.

'This year we're doing things just a bit differently. As you know we lost our king, Tubas, due to an awful decease,' the whole place goes quiet, 'That's why I would like to have his daughter do the honours.'

Judy comes to the stage looking quite depressing, bags under her eyes, her skin even paler than usually.
She lost her dad just a couple of days ago.. of course this is hard for her.

'

The ceremony went as it should go I guess. Well.. until this point.

The crown got placed onto his head and that on it's own should active his royal powers due to his bloodline.
A happy and greet feeling was how Josh described it, but Ted.. he looked to be in so much pain.

'What's going on? Is he alright?' I whisper. 'I.. I don't know.'

He started floating in the air even though his wings were down by his sights.

His eyes looked distressed, his smile nowhere to be found.

A cry of pain leaves his throat when a bright light appears and shoot out of him ruining the roof on it's way up.

While everyone was focusing on that light I watched my dad crash down.

I rush towards him, but there was nothing I could do to safe him from this fall.

The thud coming from his body when it touched the floor makes all eyes go back to the stage where I was already crouching down next to him.

This wasn't supposed to happen.. this is wrong.. he should be happy, not in pain.

A few tall vampires rush towards him as well searching for any signs of wounds or reactions.

A hand lands on my shoulder.

'Come on Bailee, let the doctors do their work.'

I sit down on the chair and look at the lifeless expression on my father's face and the worried one on my brother's.

'What happened?' I decide to ask.

Yet no reaction came from him.

I watched how the doctors tried to wake my dad up, it was no use.. he didn't react to anything.

'Is he still alive?' I heard someone ask.
'There's a pulse.. a weak one, but it's there.'

A lump forms in my throat.. my dad can't die here, not on the day that's supposed to be filled with happy thoughts.

'Josh?'

I tilt my head to look at the male who put his hand down on my father's shoulder, Leyton, the wizards and witches king.

'We knew this could happen, we caused quite a bit of harm all those years ago, I just didn't expect it to be this soon.'
'What are you talking about?' I ask joining the conversation.
'Don't worry Bailee.'

Don't worry..
My dad was possibly dieing and I was told not to worry?

'He's not dieing, just having a.. moment.'

He was lying to me, it was so obvious.

Out of nowhere his eyes shot open again, they weren't red.. neither were they blue.
His eyes were golden, not yellow, honey or hazel, but real gold.

His wings stretched out knocking away the doctors who were hanging all over his body.

This time he lifted himself up in the air hovering just below the chandelier.

He looked lost and confused.

'Teddy?' Josh tried, but no reaction.

'Ted it's me calm down.'

That seemed enough for him to lower himself on the ground again.

'I.. I'm alright.'

That somehow made the room cheer.

All I really knew about this is that if a none royal got crowned.. they died.

'Golden eyes.. he really is an ancient,' I overheard my grandfather mumble.

I do really wish I knew what he was talking about.

All I knew is that we're a happy little family now.

A happy little family at the start of a new busy life.