29

Pov Teddy

I wake up after having some weird dreams.. I was dreaming constantly.
It was weird.. I heard them talk about my condition and my mind would just picture them sitting on a broomstick while doing so.. that's not even realistic.

'Ted.. how are you doing?'
I turn my head to look at the person who's talking to me.. which hurts.. every movement I make hurts.
'I feel like shit.' My voice is hoarse and quiet.. you almost can't understand me, it shocks me to be fair.
'You also looks like shit.' 'Thanks.'

'So.. welcome back.'
'Why am I back?' I respond.
'Because you're ready for the last stage.'
'The electric shocks.. it doesn't feel like I'll survive that,' I mumble.
'That's why I am here,' he takes a quick breath, 'I talked to Josh.'

My eyes widen. 'When?'
'Calm down I didn't tell him where you are. I talk to him almost every day but the thing I want to tell you was.. a few weeks ago?' 'Go on.'
'He told me to tell you something in hope it would help you hold on.'
'Leyton please just.. tell me,' I say since I'm to weak for a long conversation.
'He told me to tell you yes.' 'Yes?'
'The letter you left him.. he said yes.'

'I.. I'm getting married?'
'You proposed through a letter?'
'Don't judge me.. I didn't have a better option,' I mumble.

I'm getting married.. I'm getting fucking married! If I make it out of here.. maybe I should have waited until I was back in one piece.

'Are my wings still out?'
'Yes can't you feel them?' 'Not really.'
It proved the fact that I'm still in danger.

'I'm never going to survive the shocks am I?' I mumble. 'It's going to be hard but I assure you.. if it even goes slightly wrong or you can't take it.. we'll stop.'

I still don't understand how they are going to do it but I didn't have a choice left.. I needed to do it.

'Can I see myself?' I ask carefully.
'I'm sorry but.. you don't want to see yourself like this.' 'Alright.'

My eyes are starting to feel heavy again. I turn my head back and just close my eyes.

'I'm sorry but..' 'It's alright Ted, rest.'

I decide to just sleep and prepare for the task ahead.. it's the last thing that needs to be done before I can go back home. If it works. I don't know what to do of it doesn't work.

Suddenly a thought hit me.

'Leyton.. are you still here?' I ask quietly. 'Yup, you're never going to be alone in this room at this stage.'
I don't know how he still can joke around at this point.
'When can I see Josh again? I mean.. I don't think I'll survive going through the portals while looking and feeling  like.. well.. this.' 'Well.. we need to see if you're still.. you after this, see if it worked and wait until you're stable enough to go through the portals so.. that could take weeks,' he responds.
'And there's no way to see him sooner?' 'I can ask if he's allowed to visit you when you're recovering?'
'Please do.' He smiles.

Pov Josh

'Okay so.. Josh you're up.' 'Hm?'
'Come on! You haven't been paying attention at all, it's not fun to play boardgames together if you don't care.' 'I'm just.. tired.. I have a child Devan,' I reply slightly salty.
'I'm aware but if you're not going to be any fun anymore you don't have to come to game night you know.' 'Devan!' Lizzy yells as she hit him.

'He's right though, maybe I just shouldn't come anymore.'
'Josh,' Lizzy starts but I interrupt her.
'No he's right, the only thing that's keeping us together are these stupid game nights and if I'm so much of a burden I just shouldn't come anymore,' I explain.
'I didn't mean it like that,' he mumbles.

'You know what,' Keith stands up, 'We're going to give you a drink come on.' 'I don't want t..' 'We're going to get a drink,' he repeats strictly.
I sigh and follow him.

'What is it?' I mutter once we reach the kitchen. 'Okay I know we aren't really good friends or not even friends to begin with but we're both worried about Ted.'
'What's your point?'
'I don't have a point Josh, I just want you to know you're not the only one who's missing him.'
'It's different,' I mumble.
'Look we should stop this constant arguing it's not good for Ted.'
'Don't give me something to argue about then.'

He pushes a bottle of beer in my hand. 'All we can do now is make the best of it and wait for him. Have you thought about a cover up when he's back but hurt?' 'I want to blame it on a car accident,' I respond.
'That could work.'
'It's the only option.. you don't hear much about those in the news only that it happened so.. yea.'

'Alright, come we're going back and you're going to be the normal annoying prick you are.' 'Thanks.'
'Don't worry about it.'

I want to punch that stupid grin off of his face but decide to keep "cool".

We walk back over to the others and finish the game of monopoly we were playing.