11

'Teddy!'

The boy stands before me with excitement in his eyes.

'What's going on? Why are you so happy, I mean I'm happy to see you happy but.. you know?'
'New years eve! We're allowed to watch the fireworks tonight! We never got to watch them, I'm so excited!' He shouts happily.
'Well I had nothing to do with it,' I reply with a grin that should give it away.

I feel his arms around me.

'Thank you so much!' I smile at him.
'I hoped it would cheer you up since I won't be here tonight.'

His expression changes as a quiet
"what" leaves mouth.

'I'm sorry Owen,' I sigh as I let the boy go, 'we have a tradition with friends to go out get drunk and try not to get hurt by fireworks.' 'You drink?'
'No one seems to believe me when I tell that.' 'Well have fun.. I guess.'

I lay my hand down on his shoulder, he looks up and looks me in the eyes. No one dares to look me in the eyes.. at least not this long.

'Owen, I won't be around all the time. It's special I'm even here for so long already. I'm sorry, I truly am but I won't always be around when you need me. You still have Roxy and your mom. You're lucky.'
He sighs. 'Why can't we be yours?'
'Because you're Judy's.. there's nothing I can do about that.'

'

'Teddy what's wrong?' 'Hm?'

He turns me around and gently pushes my head up.

'What's on your mind?'
'It's just,' I exhale deeply and close my eyes, 'nothing.. don't worry about it.'

He embraced me within seconds obviously knowing it was a lie.

'Teddy,' he starts after while, 'don't keep everything to yourself.. please.' 'It's Owen.. he's the only one who's comfortable around me. He was so happy about the fireworks until I told him I won't be there. It's just.. I can't safe him Josh, I can't keep him safe until I rule.. he's Judy's,' I try to keep away tears forming into my eyes, 'it took him one night to trust me, one day and he wasn't scared of me anymore, two days and now his life depends on me. I can't.. I can't keep him safe Josh,' my hand firmly holds his shirt, 'I don't want him to die.'

He wraps an arm around me and tries to comfort me.

'It sucks.. I know, but Ted.. you were told to rest and all you're doing is stressing even more.'
'Josh I'm not going to collapse again, I promise.' 'You can't promise that.'

All that leaves my mouth is a quiet groan.

'

'Fuck!' 'What?' I ask turning around.

We were about to leave and go back to the human world.

'You remember that Laura talked about a wound?' 'Yea?'
'I wanted you to look at it, but I forgot because you got so angry.'
I roll my eyes. 'I'll go get her.'

'

Her eyes widen when she sees me.

'Am I covered in blood or something?' I ask sarcastically.

She shakes her head.

'It's just.. I didn't expect you here, I thought I had a day off?'
'There's just one little thing I need you for before we leave,' I explain.
'But.. why?' 'Laura it isn't work, you will be done within five minutes and..'

A soft voice cuts me of.

'You're going away? Will you be back tonight?'
'Didn't Owen tell you? I'm sorry Roxy, but I won't be here tonight. Try to have fun without me, besides I don't want to scare the crap out of the other servants.'

'Ted?'

I turn around and see Judy.

'What is taken you so long? If she doesn't go with you.. just force her.' 'No that's not it,' I mumble and get up, 'Laura are you coming?'

'

'So why did I need to come?' She asks as soon as we reach my room.
'The wound on your hip, I forgot to ask Ted to look at it a few days ago,' Josh explains. 'Oh.'

She walks towards the couch and sits down.

She feels uncomfortable as she lifts up her sweater and pulls down her jeans so I can look at it.

'Laura.. I have no intention whatsoever, I'm very much extremely gay.' 'How did you..'
'I read your mind, sorry.'

'So is it a bite mark? Because I have no clue what it could be.'

I look at it more closely.

'It could be.'
'I thought you would recognise something like that?' He says a bit surprised. 'Josh I'm not highly intelligent,' I say with a sigh.
'You were the nerd though?'
'And you're the doctor.'

I take a closer look again.

'It looks like she has been bitten in the same spot for at least three times in a row without closing the wound and.. moved to created one new hole but have the other fang in the old mark and,' I trace the wound, 'tried to cover it up by injecting something.. but that's just what it looks like.'
'Sounds aggressive.'
'I'm sure you would like the person who did this,' I mumble.

I feel his hands on my waist as he pulls me against him with a huge amount of force.

'Dammit Josh, you're going to give me bruises one day,' I state annoyed
'You were mean to me.'

'Euhm.. I'm sorry b..but can I go now?' 'Of course, I'm sorry.' 'Why?' She asks. 'Because I can do nothing about it.'

It's finally to time to go home.

'

'Ted?' 'Are you going to keep stopping me from going home?'

He shakes his head.

'I wanted to ask something.. does it hurt when you get bitten in the same wound?' He asks carefully.
'Depends on how rough it's done and.. if it's emotional or not.'
'Is it.. is it part of the angry bite?'
'Could be, Josh it's difficult.. like.. it depends on who we are, how purer our blood is.. how different the bite is and how much it hurts.'

'Can you do it to me?' 'I'm sorry?'
'Can you bite me in the same spot twice?' He asks carefully. 'Why?'
'I'm curious.' 'Are you sure?' I ask.

He nods.

'I can't bite your neck.. our friends would notice that.'
'Bite my wrist.'

I sigh and hold his hands.

'Are you one hundred percent sure?' I ask again. 'I am, just do it. I want to know how it feels.'

After asking him if he really wants it over and over again I finally push my fangs into his wrist. I don't drink much of his blood, he asked me to just do that and not feed from him so I won't.

'Are you ready?' I ask when I pull out.

He nods and gives me his other hand to hold. I push my fangs back in.
His whole body shivers.

I quickly end it and embrace him.

'Damn.. that's painful.'
'I know, I wouldn't ask you if you were sure so many times if it didn't.'

We end up putting bandages around his wrist to cover up the wound.