23

Pov Josh

I struggle to keep standing on my feet when a wind gust appears out of thin air. 'Land a bit further away from me next time.' I shake my head and meet his pink orbs which tell me enough.

'Want a kiss darling?'
'My eyes are giving it away aren't they?' I tuck all of his hair behind his ears and put my hand on his cheek.

'So I assume you have had a rough day?' 'Yea,' he tosses his head to the side to reveal a big scratch.
'Somehow they always ruin your neck.'

I lay my hands down on his shoulders as I put my forehead against his. 'They'll love you when you're king Ted.'
'I won't be to sure about that,' he mutters back.

I kiss his forehead as I lower both of us to the ground.
'Why are we sitting on the grass?'
I laugh as I pull him down even further so we're laying on the ground now.

'And why did you decide to fly back?'
'It cheers me up.' I examine his wings.. I don't see them that often so I'm taking every opportunity I have.

He whimpers at one specific spot. 'What happened? I thought it takes a whole lot of force to hurt them?'
'I uhm,' he looks down, 'bumped into a uh.. tree,' he says embarrassed.
I start laughing causing him to become an even more embarrassed mess.

'Do you want a bandage around it?'

He ignores my comment and stops stretching out his wings so I could see them better.

'Fine! You were acting like a show off anyway.' He just rolls his eyes.

'What happened to the shirt you were wearing? Did you rip it?' His eyes look at everything expect mine.
'I uhm.. it's just a bit.. bloody.'
'How come?'
'Well.. I had a fight you see,' he chuckles nervously, 'and uhm.. I.. may or may not did something what caused someone to bleed a lot?'
'Who was it this time.. the alpha or the beta?'

Somehow he always end up in a fight after going to meet the werewolves in Berbah Forest.

'Uhm.. both?' He avoids eye contact. 'Is this a joke?'
He shakes his head.

I don't know what to say so I decide to sit up and wait till he says something.

'I hate sitting on the ground.' 'I know,' I sigh, 'Ted you had a fight with the two strongest werewolves with an already bruised side..'
'You want to know if I'm okay?'
'If you want to tell me,' I reply.

'My neck is scratched uhm.. well.. that's about it.' 'What are you hiding?'
He bites his lip.
'I might almost killed one of them,' he whispers. 'What!?'

'So where's Alex?'
'Teddy.. what the fuck did you do?'
'Well you know how they always want to fight with me? It just.. got out of hand.'
'Did you have a good reason for taking it that far?' I ask calmly so I won't upset him even more.
'Yea.. I didn't want to die.'

I want to ask why, how and so much more about what happened but.. the tone of his voice tells me enough.. he's going to storm off.

'So again.. where's Alex?' 'Bouspa.'
'Bouspa?' He repeats, 'And why are we in Earlmare while he's there?'
'Because I still haven't told my father about his existence,' I mumble.

He's clearly annoyed about that since he sighs loudly.

'Look Ted.. I will tell him soon okay?'
'I'm afraid that if you keep hiding it from him he would only be more mad,' he mumbles.
'Hey hey hey.. we don't know if he's going to be angry!'
'The child is a vampire Josh..of course he's going to be angry.'

I couldn't deny that fact.. I just didn't want to confirm it.

'So what you're saying is that you want to do it.. now?' I ask to confirm his earlier statement.
'Hiding it isn't going to do anything good.' I sigh as I think about the problem.. it sounds weird to call the happiest thing that happened to me a problem. It was unexpected but I know that this little boy is going to make our bond even stronger.
Why would I let my father ruin that?

'Well.. are you going to keep your wings out or?' I question.
'They can protect me and even you, so yes.' 'But what if he breaks them?'
He chuckles at my question. 'They might look like bat wings but they're hundert times stronger than that.'
'But you bumped into a tree today.'

He sighs, wraps his arms around my neck and pulls me down.
'I just want you to be safe,' he mumbles. I feel how he wraps his wings around me as well.
'This feels weird,' I admit.
'Just accept the fact you're in a relationship with a monster.'
'Sweety.. I already accepted that years ago.'
'Sweety?' He repeats, 'It amuses me how much worse your new nicknames are every time you think of a new one.'

'Oh and Ted.. you aren't a monster.'
'I almost killed a guy! I almost killed you several times.'
'Teddy.. I have more deaths on my name than you think.. if that's the reason you think you're a monster. I'm.. ten times worse.'

I feel his fingers reaching to touch my cheek.. he's to short though. He's a vampire yet he isn't tall at all.. he's litterly the only one I've met around his age who's this small.

He's getting impatient and uses the other arm that's still around my neck to pull me down.

He lays his hand down on my cheek.. it feels weird, normally I'm the one who does that.

'We should go now.'