31

Sorry I'm going to do a time skip.. again. There isn't much to add when Ted's in pain so.. yeah.
This is few years later.
Alex is four, making our two lead characters at the end of their twenties.

I'm sorry if you expected me to write their wedding.. I won't.

Pov Ted

I'm waiting for Josh to come home.. most of the time when I'm home he isn't and the other way around.
It makes me sick.. but I'm happy at least one of us will be home when Alex is.

It's late and I should be in bed.. but I can't, I want to wait for him to come home.. I need to.

'

'Teddy,' I feel how someone shakes my shoulders, 'Hey.'
'Hi,' I mumble back.
'You know you don't have to wait for me right? You're clearly tired.'
'I just like to be your last goodnight and first good morning.'

'Honey,' he sighs, 'At least go to bed when you're this tired.' 'But..'
'Knowing you.. you would wake up when I join you.'
'It's just different, I hate how we're always you know.. alone,' I explain.

'Teddy if it bothers you this much.. we can think of something and make it work.'
'I don't want to stand in your way.'
'That doesn't mean you need to accept everything,' he grabs my hand, 'I don't want you to be upset.'
'I'm not upset I'm just sayi..'
'Darling we shouldn't talk about it today,' he places his hand on my cheek, 'We should sleep now.. we're both exhausted.'

And that's how we end up in bed but I can't sleep.. even though I'm tired.

'Josh?' 'Hm?' 'Are you awake?'
'What's wrong?' He replies.
'I don't know.. I'm just.. thinking.'
'Go ahead,' he responds as a sign for me to speak my mind.

'Your coronation is literally around the corner and I won't be there.. simply because I'm not allowed to and I hate it so I was thinking th..'
'No Ted we're not risking it. I don't want you to get locked up,' he pulls me closer to him, 'And I know it sucks.. but it's just my coronation.'
'Just,' I repeat quietly.
'I'm sorry, but I don't think my dad will allow you to come,' he mumbles.
'I know.' 'The first thing I'll do is unban you alright?'

I quiet down after that.

'What is it?' 'Your dad will probably find a way to keep me banned.'
'No he won't, there's a reason why he kept the fact that you're banned silent. People respect you Ted.'
'Yea and they will think I'm a dick for bot showing up.'

He sighs and tighten his grip around me as he burries his head in my neck.

'It will be alright.'
'You keep saying that,' I mutter.
'Because it will.'

'Anyway.. heard any new stories from our little guy?'
'He had an argument with the teacher.' 'Alex.. had an argument? Are we talking about the same Alex?'
'Yup,' I chuckle quietly, 'He didn't want to make a gift for mother's Day.'
'Did he say why?' 'No, but I'm sure everyone thinks that he either hates her or I'm an only parent.'
'Sorry about that,' he replies.

'Your coming to his project day right?'
'I will try..'
'He worked really hard on it. He will be devastated if you're not there.'
'I know.. it's just.. work.'

'You're killing my arm,' I mumble.
'What a way to change the subject sweetheart.' 'Shut it.' 'Make me.'
'We.. uh..' 'Just a kiss Teddy.'
'I know it will be more than that and Alex is in the other room,' I reply.
'Alright then.'

Speak of the devil..

'Dad?'

'What's wrong sweety?' Josh answers.
'There's a monster in my closet.'
'Are you sure because the only monster in this house is laying next to me at the moment.'

His cute little chuckles make me forget Josh's comment.

'Should I scare it for you?'
He nods.
'Am I the nicer dad afterwards?'
'You already are.'

I smile knowing I've won the competition of being the better dad today.

'Honey I'll swipe that smile of your face once you're back.'
I flash my fangs and hiss.
'You don't scare but you do scare that little guy over there.'

My eyes widen when I turn around to meet the terrified eyes of my boy.

I get out of bed and take him in my arms.

'I'm so sorry Alex, I'm so sorry,' I rock him back and forth, 'I will never scare you on purpose okay?'

I'm such a bad parent.. such a bad parent.

I put the thought aside and help him with the so called "monster" in his closest.

'

'Why is scaring monsters so exhausting!' I crash onto the bed making Josh's eyes jump open.

'Dammit Ted!'
'I'm sowwy mwister Wood.'

He tries to squeeze me to death and boops my nose.

'If you act like a stuffed animal, I'll treat you like one,' he explains.
'What about you just smash those lips onto mine?'
'Do you kiss stuffed animals?'
'If you were one I would,' I mumble.
'Since when are you this horny.'
'I'm not! I.. I just missed you.. a lot.'

He sighs and places a kiss on my forehead.

'I'm sorry.. I really try to be home.
I don't want to hurt you.' 'You don't.'
'Don't act like I don't notice it, you keep awake until I'm home and you barely sleep so you can see me.'
'Josh I really don't want to bother you an..' 'Teddy do I need to remind you that we're married? We both need to make sacrifices and at the moment you're the only one who's doing that.'