06

Didn't check this chapter, because I feel worse than yesterday.
Someone please remind me to do it later.

Pov Josh

'Mister Lee.. she's only getting worse. You should tell him.' I sigh and lay my hand down on her shoulder. 'She told me not to.' 'I know, she told us to inform you and don't say a word to her actual son,' the nurse responses. 'She's afraid he will fade or something like that, apparently he's afraid of hospitals. But he has been in a hospital with me and I never noticed. I think there's more to this,' I say as I focus on his mom.

'We need to inform him, it can only go down hill at this point. She also needs to undergo another surgery and.. she has left it up for her family to choice whether or not revive her when her hearts stops.' 'Is it that bad?' I ask quietly. 'It's a possibility and we need to know.'

'Do you want us to call him?' 'He won't answer, he's in the human world. I will ask him to come to this world around noon and.. if you could call him then, I would appreciate it.' 'Alright, we will. The surgery is tomorrow,' he says before walking away.

I went to the human world and send him a quick text message and went back immediately. I need to keep an eye on his mother.. I need to be here when she wakes up.

Which she does eventually.

'Are you still here?' 'Mis..' 'Please Josh, you're family, it's Mallory,' she says with a small smile. 'Mallory, they're going to call him today.. soon actually. What's the real reason you didn't want to tell him?' I ask carefully.
'Why are they calling him?' She ignores my queasy, but I decide to say nothing about it. 'He needs to make a decision on what to do if your heart stops.' 'Oh.' Is all she says.

'

'We're going to call him so..' 'Wait, please don't tell him how serious it is. I don't want him to worry.'

And about fifteen minutes later he walks in. 'Hey,' I say and pull him into a hug. 'What are you doing here?' 'Your mother has been here for a while, I already knew,' I whisper to him.

He's actually quite calm when she tells him everything and the nurse fills her in at the details.

Then they ask him. 'Of course I want you to,' he immediately answers. 'Teddy, she's suffering think about it before giving an answer,' I try
'This surgery could make her better right? I want them to.'

He acts so calm.. I don't trust it.
She's all that he has left and he doesn't even sound worried.. not even a bit.

Suddenly I notice shortness in his breathing. 'Ted are you alright?'
Not even a few seconds later he collapses. Luckily he's in a hospital. 'What's wrong?' I can't see him due to the doctor and nurse who are almost on top of him.

'Has this happen before?' 'Not that I kn..' 'One time, it's why I didn't want him to come here.' 'What's going on?' I ask again. 'That's for us to find out, all you could do right now is be calm.'

I've been worrying about him and his mother at the same time.

'Normally we wait until we know what really happened, but you can see him now. We're afraid he won't let us touch him without someone he trusts around.'

I follow the nurse and am let into a smaller room where he's laying on the bed. A doctor is sitting next to him.

He reached his hand out and I hold it. 'Alright so.. this could have been a heart attack, but due to his age.. it's unlikely. We need to examine your heart to know what happened. Have you ever had this problem before?' 'I have broken heart syndrome,' he says quietly. What a name.. what does it even mean? 'That would make sense.. anyway if you would let us..'
'Go ahead.'

Just like that I'm back at his mom's room waiting for him to be done.

'How's Ted?'
'They're making a CAG of his heart.. we will know what happened when they have the results.' She sighs.
'I was afraid something like this would happen.'

It feels like hours before I'm back at with him.

'It was broken heart syndrome.'
'What does that mean?' I ask.
'It isn't harmful, the same symptoms of a heart attack but not harmful. He just needs to rest for a few weeks.' 'And what causes it?'
'Hormones, stress hormones.'

'I will go now, I'll be back in around half an hour with a wheelchair to let him see his mother.' I nod and watches him leave.

'I had a broken heart Josh.'
'I didn't do it.'
'You better never do it,' he says with a weak smile.

I shake my head and lay down next to him. 'This bet causes to much stress on top of everything else doesn't it?' He sighs and lay his head against my chest. 'It's just everything.. your father, Jo, this bet, the way you were acting, the restaurant, my duties here and now my mom.. it's just to much to handle and I can't.' I place my head on top of his. 'Why didn't you tell me?'
'You were acting like an asshole, after that we had to deal with me being half sick and now we started this bet.. I just couldn't find the time for it.'

'You mentioned Jo.. what's going on with Joanna?' 'I didn't.. you must have missheard.' I'm sure I did hear it but I decide not to say to much about it.