19

Pov Josh

'We should go and see him.' 'No.'
It was a boy.. she gave birth to a sweet innocent little boy and Ted still refused to see him.
'Your brother wouldn't want you to abandon the baby.'

'I didn't have a brother?'
'Your eyes are telling me otherwise.'
His eyes were turning black, it happened a lot recently but he never truly hurt me if I didn't challenge him.
'I don't know where you got the idea  that had a brother from.. but I didn't have one,' he says coldly.
'So you're ignoring his existence as well?' 'Josh I never had a brother.' 'Why are you getting mad if it isn't true?' I ask calmly. 'Shut up.'
'The two of you were close right? I don't think Jeffery would like it if you ignore he ever existed in the first place.'

That may have been a bit to harsh, Ted doesn't like talking about family for logical reasons and now I'm forcing him.

The fact I was to harsh gets proven when he dashed onto me. My body is being pressed against the dining room chair and I swear I could hear the chair squeak. 'Teddy calm down.'

It's to late for me.. he's going to kill me or at least it's going to feel like it. Within a matter of seconds I feel his cold fangs scratching my neck. I feel how my neck gets tilted to expose more of my neck.

'What happened to being a polite vampire and asking permission?' I ask jokingly. I'm just trying to lighten the mood. 'You know I can't stop,' he says with a low voice. I hate it when he talks like that.. it scares me.

Within a matter of seconds his fangs enters my skin with an amount of force I never experienced before. My whole body moves up and down with the impact. A gasp of pain leaves my mouth.

This wasn't going to be the worst part.. there's going to be more to it. When he bit me out of jealousy what happened after was ten times worse than getting into my skin.

To my surprise he pulls out and closes the wound. He avoids eye contact by closing his eyes, places his hand over my mouth and kisses his hand.

I grab his hand and pin it to the dining table.
'Honey.. I really don't care if I taste my own blood when we kiss.'

Place my lips on his and we make out. It seems weird to me.. he was angry and bit me and now we're making out.

'Ted,' I pull away, 'wasn't there more to that bite?' 'I got myself to stop,' he mumbles. It must have been really difficult to fight the instinct.

'It's my fault he's dead.. I caused the dead of my own brother.' He sounds heartbroken. 'Why do you think that?'
'We were at the beach and I was to damn focused on the sand castle we were building. He told me he went to get some water to fill the moat.
I should have kept an eye on him but all I did was focus on the fucking sandcastle,' he stops talking and I can see tears form in his eyes, 'He drowned because I wasn't paying attention to him.'

I grab his hand and hold it tightly. 'You were eight Ted, you couldn't have done anything if you saw it.'
'I could have called for help,' he mumbles. 'You were younger than him.' He shakes his head. 'Wait.. you weren't? I just thought that you mother meant he was older than you when she told me.' He sighs.

'It's my fault he died.'
'It isn't you might have been older but your parents should have kept an eye on both of you, this isn't your fault.'
'If I just went with him..' I distract him by pushing up his head gently.

'You could've drowned as well! Ted you were eight! How old was he?'
He sighs and avoids eye contact.
'Eight,' he mumbles.
'Wait I don't get it.. you said you were older?' 'Yea.. five minutes.'

'I finally get it.. you had a twin. That's why you were close and that's why you never talked about him.' He nods and burries his head in my chest.

'This chair is going to break eventually,' I say after a while.
'Don't try to lighten the mood, you should never started about my brother in the first place.'
'If I knew it was your twin I shouldn't have. Due to his name the thought never crossed my mind.'
'Just stop you're only making it worse.'

'And what if we name the child after your brother?' I carefully ask.
'By naming it Jeffery? How will that not want to make me abandon it?'
'It doesn't have to be his first name, just a second. It will be a memory to your brother without getting constantly reminded,' I try.
'And Jo would agree to that?'
'She's picking his name, so why wouldn't we be allowed to add something?'

'Can we no finally go see the boy and I don't care that you don't want to.. at least hold it make eye contact with him and try to act like you do want to see him for me okay?' He sighs as a response. 'Ted come on if you can fight the urge to bite me, you can fight the urge and try not to hate him. It's your child in the first place!'

He flinches because of my out burst and get off of my lap.

'Who's last name is he going to carry?' 'Yours.' 'But if we ever get married wh..' 'Yours,' I answer and cut him off.
'We're not even going to have a conversation about that?' he asks with a small chuckle.
'I know you love yours and I hate mine, besides.. who's going to carry the Woods family name if you won't?' 'Who's going to carry yours?' He asks back. 'You think Alicia is going to give up hers?'

And with that the conversation about our future is closed again.