14

'Finally! What took you so long!'
'I just had some things to discuss.'

I walk over to my mom and give her a quick hug. She looks horrible. Every time I see her see seems to be doing worse than before.

'You won't ever make it out of this hospital will you?' 'Teddy sweety,' she grabs my hand, 'the doctors are doing everything they can. Just have faith in them.' 'It's taking them so long already,' I mumble.
'That's because no one knows what's wrong with me.'

My mom is in pain and nothing seems to help. I sigh.

'I just don't want to lose you.'

She weakly smiles at me.

'I don't want to lose you either.'

'

Eventually we need to leave.. we couldn't stay in the hospital for ever.

Now we're making our way to Earlmare, we could have walked or went by horse but we decided that using the portals are the faster options.

'Ted come on cheer up.'
'I'm sorry.. it's just,' I stop talking and restart my sentence, 'Seeing my mom in this condition just scares me.'

He wraps an arm around me as we make our way to the family room.

'Josh! It has been so long since we saw you! Where were you at Christmas?' 'Bouspa,' he answers quickly.
'You were with him weren't you?'

That sentence alone told me enough.. his dad still dislikes me.

'Excuse you? He's my boyfriend alright? I don't care if I got your blessing or not.' 'Don't you dare raise your voice at me!'

He slams his hands down on the table as a sudden fear hits all of us.

It seems to have hit Josh the most though. His knees are shaking as he slowly lowers himself to the floor until he sits down.

'Without my blessing you'll never lead this place.' 'Have.. have you ever asked me if I want to become king in the first place?' He asks weakly.

What the hell did his father do to him?

'Are you telling me that my own two bloody children both refuse to lead the city!' His voice fills the whole room and I swear I felt the floor shake.

Everyone fell to the ground but I keep standing on both my feet.

'Why aren't you on the floor?!' He sounds dangerous but his words don't effect me. 'Get fucking down you.. disobeying bloodsucker!'

He walks towards me, because I still don't do move an inch.

'First you take my boy.. second you ruin all my plans of taking over the world and now you got the guts to disobey me?'
'You didn't order me anything.'

He wraps his hands around my neck and lifts me up.

'Your "order" was to fall to the ground and shut up! Didn't you feel it?'
'Not.. really,' I try to say which is difficult because my neck is being assaulted by his hands.

'D..dad please. H.. he's a pure blood,' Josh mumbles weakly as he tries to get up.

Immediately I get released causing me to fall and almost end up on the floor anyway.

'A pure blood? A pure royal blood or a pure ancient?'

He sounds.. scared?

'Well.. royal I can tell you for sure but due to his reaction.. I think both.'

'Okay hold on.. what are you talking about?' I ask.

My voice is hoarse because of the strangling.

'Ted I will explain later.'
'But if he's ancient.. he would be the last one alive. Besides that would've made his dad ancient too..'
'Well his dad was a pain in the ass to kill right?'

The way Josh just spoke about my dad makes me mad.. how can he just say that.

I walk out of the room.. I just can't stay inside of here.

Once I'm outside of the room I feel a hand on my shoulder.

'Ted wait.'
'Josh.. get away from me,' I warn him.
'I'm well aware you're angry at me. And I'm sorry for talking about your dad like that, but please understand,' he lowers his voice, 'my dad wouldn't have let you go if I didn't.'

I don't respond.. I'm not in the mood for talking.

'Can you now please change those black orbs of yours back to red ones?' 'I'm sure you would prefer pink,' I mumble.
'Well.. I don't know if lust and anger is a great combination right now.'
'Just shut up,' I mutter.
'Okay so my own father just shut me up and now you're going to do the same?'

I grab his collar and pull his head down. I fiercely push my lips down on his. I feel how he lifts me up. I wrap my legs around him and he carries me up to his room without breaking the kiss.

My body hits the bed as he slowly removes my jacket and toss it to the side. He moves his lips towards my neck. But when he actually kisses it I whimper.

'Right.. I forgot. I'm sorry.'

He tucks my hair behind my ear and looks at me with pity.

'Well at least we know your dad still doesn't like me,' I say with a sigh.
'No.. he's scared of you now.'

We get interrupt by a knock on the door. A few seconds later the door opens.

'Oh my.. did I interrupt something?' A shocked voice asks.
'No.. we weren't really doing anything.'

Josh gets off of me and walks towards her. I just keep laying on top of the bed.. I'm sure I'm not wanted in this conversation in the first place.

'Ted how are you?' 'Hm?' I zoned out of the conversation. 'How you are,' she repeats.
'Oh,' I sit up, 'I'm fine. My neck just hurts a little.'

'It's because of our royal blood, Richard just can't take a no.'

All these different creatures.. all these different powers.. it's just hard to keep up with.

'It's fine.'