02

'I'm sorry but I'm going home.'
'It's fine.. Alicia can you lead him out for me? I'm not in the mood for it.'

My head has been laying in my hands for hours while those two talked.

'I will.. I was planning on going home as well. Will you be okay?'
'Yea.. go ahead, I won't kill anyone.'

'

'Ted, you've been here all day.. do you want something strong to just forget? I'm getting worried about you,' Daniel, the bartender, asks me.
'No, I'm fine sorry for being depressing to watch.'

I turn around at the wrong moment to see his lips on someone elses.. at this point I can't ignore it any longer, I can't hold myself back when something like this happens.
Besides I don't want to.

Within seconds we're back at the dark corner again. His heartbeat is going rapidly fast.

'T..Ted please, I want you to know that it was without my consent.'
'Do you want me to slow down your heartbeat?' I ask ignoring his comment.
'You.. you can't hold back anymore?' 'Not even if I tried to.'

He sigh but relaxes a bit in my arms.. not relaxed enough, how faster his heart was beating how worse it would be. I push lightly on his chest to calm it down.

'I'm sorry but.. you could have seen it coming. If you keep playing with people they eventually will throw themselves on you. You shouldn't have tested me in the first place, not even if you're mad at me for some unknown reason.'

'So you do believe me when I say it wasn't with my permission?'
'Are you going to claim you were lying? I know how you are.. you're not the type to do that, unless I have a wrong picture in my head?'
'N..no, Ted.. please just do it. I want it to be over with.'

I tilt his head and within a matter of seconds my fangs sink into his neck. He flinches and starts shivering.
I know this hurts.. but this isn't the worst part. I calm his heart down one last time and hold his hand before  turning him ninety degree.

He holds on to my hand so tight it hurts. I close my eyes as I pull my fangs out quickly, it's something I can't control.. I can only control the amount of blood I drink when this happens. I quickly close his wound as he turns around and falls into my arms.

'Why did you twist me..'
'It's an instinct that takes over,' I answer. 'Was this anger?' He mumbles and it's almost like he's scared of me. 'No.'
'So it can be worse?'
'Never push me that far,' I warn him.

'So it was Jealousy?'
'It was and look.. I understand you don't want to see me after this and I respect it. I will find a place to stay for tonight,' I say and walk away. 'Wait!' He tries but I'm already gone.

I hide in the bathroom.. well I wouldn't call it hiding.

I throw water in face and look at myself in the mirror. My eyes are glowing. I'm a monster.. I can't do something like this to the one I love.

I hear someone walking down the stairs so I quickly open a stall, close the door but don't lock it and make sure no one can see my feet.

It would be an awkward encounter if someone opens this stall to go to the bathroom but my mind isn't going there.

'Ted.. I know you're in here.'

I keep silence.

'You wouldn't want me to see you so the bar wasn't an option. The other sections of the restaurant is to far away to hide in quickly, so you're here.. come out.'

I put my feet back on the ground again and slowly push the door open.

'I shouldn't have done this,' I mumble as I keep hiding half of my body behind the door.

He grabs my waist and pulls me away from it.

'Teddy look at me.' 'I can't.'

I feel how I get lifted up.

'Just wrap your legs around me otherwise you're going to fall.'

I sigh but do as he says.

'I'm so sorry,' I whisper.
'I should be the one apologizing really.' 'Why were you acting so cold to me?' I ask before he can explain himself. 'We should discuss that at home.'

My eyes fall on the mark.. it would look like a huge bruise to the human eye but everyone here will know.

'You should take my scarf.'
'Where is it?'
'With my coat, stay here I'll get it for you.'

But he doesn't put me down.

'I'm coming with you.'

I don't want him to but I let him.

We put on our coats and I wrap my scarf around his neck.

'Why do you want to cover it up?'
'I don't want people here to see I lost my temper.'

I say goodbye to Daniel real quick before walking to the parking lot.

'No.. I'm driving, you're not. Give me the keys.'

He hands them over to me without any problems. He got here by car while I took the forty minute walk this morning.

I drive us home and try to open the door but my hands are shaking to much.

'Let me.'

He ends up opening the door.

'Are you okay?' He asks as soon as we're standing in the living room.
'Just cold,' I respond quickly.

He walks away and comes back with a blanket, which he hangs over my shoulders.

'I don't understand how you're surviving the winters.'

I stare at the wall unable to move.

The blanket falls on the ground since I'm not holding it.

'I know that you're mad at me but can I hug you?'

I only nod.
I feel the blanket around me again.

'Hold it.. I thought that was obvious.'

He walks from behind me to in front of me and pulls me into a hug.

'You're freezing cold,' he states suprised. 'I'm always cold.'
'No it's worse.'

I sigh I don't want to tell him.

'What are you doing?' I ask when he feels my lips with his fingers.
'Even your lips are corpse like cold, how are you this cold?'
'Josh please.. I don't want to tell you.' 'You know I won't stop asking until you tell me, so.. you better tell me right away.'

'It's because I didn't drink from you.. not even a drop of blood, my body is protesting and confused.'
'Will it warm you up if you drink it now?' 'And this is why I didn't want to tell you,' I say and escape his arms.

I lay down on the couch and curl up inside the blanket. I fall asleep quickly.. a bit surprising really.