16

Pov Teddy

I'm going to be a father.. I'm way too young for this! I never asked for this. Why does she even want to keep it?

'Teddy please.. stop worrying about something that's months away.' 'Everyone will know that the heir of the Vampires cheated on the heir of the Elves.. this could lead to war.'
I sigh and curl up to him, I burry my head in his chest and squeeze him to dead.

'We don't have to tell them.'
'It's not hard to guess when I suddenly have a fucking child!'
'We need to talk to Jo,' he mumbles.
'I don't want to see her! She's the one who went through with it.'
'Ted.. I would rather not to either, but we need to.. we're not figuring this out without her.'

I exhale deeply.

'Well.. you're talking I'm not.'
'It's not my child,' he mumbles back.

I swallow loudly.. does this mean he doesn't want anything to do with it when it's born?

I feel his hands on my back slowly moving up and down.

'I wish Louise could've waited a few years.'
'Tell me about it,' I respond.

'Josh.. what do you want to discuss with Jo?' I ask after a while.
'I want her to give up the child.'
'She isn't the type for an abortion.'
'I know, that's not what I meant. I want her to put it up for adoption and let us adopt it.' My eyes grow bigger.. he wants the baby? So he's not letting me take care of it alone?
'Can we even do that?'
'Not legally, luckily we have people on our side who can provide us with this.'

It sounds like he thought about it already.. we just got to persuade her and that could be a difficult task.

'

'No.' That's her answer of course it is.
'Jo you don't understand,' I mutter.
'Why do you guys even want it! I can take care of it alone, I won't even mind if you abandon it.. but I'm not giving it up.'
'It's not like we have a choice either,' he says and I can feel the anger rise inside of him. He still isn't able to deal well with a refusal.

I place my hand on his heart.
'Calm down before you start hurting people,' I whisper to him.

'Call Keith.' 'Why.. wait.. you want to tell her?!' I try to keep calm and maintain a soft voice. 'Do you see an other option? So call Keith.'
'He won't pick up if I call him, you know that.' I hand him over my phone and luckily he gets the point.

'Okay so I'm confused.. why did you want me to come here?'

I explain what's going on and what Louise did. 'So wait.. Louise wants you to have a child so he can kill you and.. create a new connection with the boy?' 'That's about it yea.. he wants to rule and knows that I won't stop fighting against him,' I add.
'And you want me to be there when you tell Jo that?' I nod as an answer.
'Okay.. you're lifes are way to complicated. But I will help you when she doesn't believe you.' 'Thanks.'

'Wait so you're saying that you're a vampire?' She starts laughing, 'what a great joke but this isn't going to help you to get the child.'
'Okay Jo, I've known this since we were six years old. I know it sounds ridiculous but it's true, all he says is true,' Keith says to help us.
'I still don't believe it.'

I sigh and pull Josh closer to me.
'Are you really going to bite me to prove your point?'
'I can't bite a pregnant woman.'
He shakes his head.
'Sure.. if it makes her believe us just do it.'

'And how do I know it's not fake?' She asks suspicious.
'Look at his eyes, the colour will change and.. Ted if you wait with closing the wound she can see it's a real wound as well.'
'I can but Jo promise me.. don't touch it when it's still open.' She nods. I can still feel her suspicion.. she doesn't believe a word of what we say.

I tilt his head back and push my fangs into his neck. I wait for him to calm down like I always do and drink a small amount of his blood.. I mean I was thirsty.

When I pull back I let her look at the wound before closing it. Her heart skips a beat when the wound closed so easily.

I clean his neck from the excess blood and turn my head towards her after that. She takes a few steps back and her eyes lock on mine.

'What the hell.. so you're saying that my child is a bloodsucking creature as well?' 'Auch and yes.' Her heartbeat is going mental. 'I can calm you down if you let me.' She shivers but lets me.

'So you've been hiding this for all of us.. why.. we could have helped you and if I knew you didn't want to you know.. hook up I wouldn't have go through.'
'It's dangerous to tell people, it could lead to me being cut open in a lab,' I answer

'And why do they know?'
'Keith was due to an accident and Josh.. Josh was send after me to kill me,' I explain. 'Kill you?'
'Long story.'

'Do you understand why we want the child? You won't be able to take care of it,' Josh says. He wants this to be over with as soon as possible and I don't blame him. 'But who says you can?' 'Josh is an elf,' Keith says.
'Damit Keith! Why did you need to tell her? She's already confused enough.'

'I will do it,' she finally says, 'but I want to be able to see the child, it doesn't need to know I'm the mother but.. I want to be a part of it's life.' 'Sure.'