07

Pov Josh

'Ted no, you need to rest. We're staying here till tomorrow, we can go back to the human world after.'
'The portal won't hurt me,' he mumbles. 'We don't know, I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.'

'But I need to go to Zeor,' he repeats for the fourth time these five minutes. 'Why do you want to go there so bad? I thought you didn't trust the place? You're not going there. End of discussions.'

He sighs and starts walking away from me.

'Where do you think you're going?' I ask keeping up with him.
'I'm never getting away from you am I?'

He stops in his tracks.

'If you freeze time you can.. but you will need to face Louise and you don't want to.'
'For the hundredth time, Louise is gone.' 'Hm hm.'

I don't believe him.. he can't just got rid of him this easily.

He started walking again and we ended up in the library, well.. the castles library, Bouspa's library still isn't rebuild. They basically rebuild the whole castle and it's huge.
The whole city has expanded, building a whole new wall at the place the forest border used to be. They improved literally everything, new TVs, new computers and many more. The whole internet connection in this word has been improved as well since everyone can work together on it.

'Why are we in the library?' 'Because Judy should be here,' he answers. 'How do you know?'
'She's always here.'

He starts walking around the place.

'Here you are, hey!'

They give eachother a quick hug which still seems weird to me.
He never liked physical contact and now he's just letting her hug him but.. maybe it's because they both live here. It's weird having more places you can stay at and own but I was already used to it.. he wasn't. Everything was and still is new for him.

'You were gone for a while, is everything alright?'
'He decided to fade,' I answer before he can. 'Oh.. are you alright?'
'He needs to rest but wants to go to Zeor so can you please tell him it isn't smart?' 'It isn't smart,' she repeats.

'You two are no fun, I'm going to my room.'

He walks away and I follow him.. of course I do, I'm not leaving him alone and risk him still going to Zeor.

He holds back a servant who starts shaking by his touch. Most of the servants are slaves, children of criminals, people who couldn't pay their debts or people who would end up in prison but were trusted enough to serve the royals. Most of them are treated like shit, it's just wrong.

'Calm down, could you bring food and blood to my room please?'
'What do y..you want?'
'Whatever is the easiest, I know it's late.'

He nods and runs away.

'He's terrified of you,' I say once he's gone. 'They all are, it sucks. I'm not around long enough for them to trust me.'

We walk to his room, it's huge. There's a king-size bed in the middle of the room with black sheets and the walls are white and a some kind of lighter blue, most of the rooms here are dark but his isn't.. he's also the only one without a coffin. There's a big couch and a small television on the right and a huge ensuite and closet behind it. On the left side he has a huge desk which is covered with books, paper and pieces of cloth. The desk is completed by a sewing machine at the right. He uses it a lot actually, it calms him down and I would say he's pretty good at it.

A knock on the door disturbs my thoughts. Ted stands up and opens the door.

'Thank you.'

He places it down on the desk and walks back to the door.

'Owen wait, do you need to go somewhere?' 'N..no, it's just.. nevermind sorry for taking up your time.'

He lays his hand on his shoulder and stops him from leaving.

'S..sorry I should have waited until you told me I'm free to go.'
'Owen I want you to finish the sentence you started,' he states calmly. 'It's my little sister her birthday, but Judy is keeping her occupied so I want to take over for her.' 'How old is your sister?'
'Ten,' he quickly answers.
'Josh I'll be right back, Owen come with me.'

He's gone after that and I have no idea what he's up to. His food will probably be cold when he comes back, such a shame. I look at the liquid in the whine glass. It's thick and strongly smells of iron.. it's blood.

:

He comes back after a while with Owen who is holding a small girl's hand.

'Make yourselves feel at home,' he says and finally makes his way over to his food.

'I..it must be cold now, should I change it for warm food?'
'Owen it's fine really, just go and celebrate your sisters birthday. I know this isn't how you wish to celebrate but all I can give you is a night of freedom between my bedroom walls.'

'Since when are you so nice?' I whisper into his ear from behind. 'They're already afraid of me, I want them to like me.'

I wrap my arms around his shoulders.

'You shouldn't worry to much about it though. You're almost never here besides I don't want you to have another heart attack.'
'Josh it wasn't a heart attack, just the symptoms,' he says back and starts eating.

He eats slowly, it's like he's forcing himself to eat even though he isn't hungry. He still has difficulty to gain weight and it's just sad really.

I place a kiss on his cheek and sit down on his lap, I'm too tired to keep standing.

'You could've grabbed another chair.' 'To much afford.'
'I just had a, how you called it, heart attack. Move your ass.'

I laugh and move a chair next to him and sit down.

'Give me a kiss before you drink your blood.' 'Is that an order? Because you will lose the bet if it's an order.'
'Fuck it.'

I fiercely put my lips on his.

'Guess you downgraded to a donor for a week.' 'It was a month?'
'A week is long enough.'

He puts the glass up to his lips and starts drinking.

'So who wants to play a board game and no it's not an order.'

The two flinch when he sits down on the couch.

'Ah come on! I'm trying to lighten the mood.'

We end up playing the boardgame and we have a lot of fun. Until Ted complained about a chest ache. I sent the other two away and put him to bed.