13

Pov Teddy

I wake up with a headache that's trying to kill me. I open my eyes and groan because of the light.

'Well good morning to you too.'
'Josh please.. make yourself useful and get me an aspirin.'

He laughs and walks away.

'Here you go,' I try to get up, 'let me help you.'

I feel his hands on my back as he slowly helps me.

'It feels like I got shot in the head.. what the fuck did I do?' I ask.
'I tried to stop you but you kept on drinking.' 'Oh.. well it's your fault.'

He pushes my head up lightly so he can look into my eyes.

'Why?'
'Because I can't deal with a night of you constantly fighting with Keith.'

He sighs and lets my head go.

'I'm sorry.'

'Were you the only one who was sober?' 'No.. Joanna didn't take a sip.'

My mind goes mentally.. this doesn't have to mean anything right?

'Teddy? What is it?'
'Oh no.. nothing, it's just surprising.. she always drinks.'

He grabs my chin holds it firmly in his hand.

'Ted.. what did you do?' 'I.. I..'
'Ted speak come on!'

I try to keep away the tears that are forming in my eyes.

'Love, what's wrong?' I sigh and shake my head.. I can't tell him, I just can't.

I burry my head in his chest and just sob.. sob uncontrollably.

'Shh,' he starts moving his hands up and down my back and tries to call me down, 'it's okay.'

I hate hiding things from him, yet he was the one who kept my mother's health a secret from me.

'Did you guys have a fight?'
'Something like that,' I answer quietly.
'Well it must have been serious when you're so upset about it.'

'Can you please lay down?' I ask carefully. 'Sure why?'
'Because I need your chest to lay my head up on.'
'And why do you need it?'

I exhale deeply as an answer.

Luckily he expects that answer and lays down on the bed.

'With or without clothes?' He asks seductively. 'Do you even want a serious answer to that?'

He removes his sweater and throws it to the side.

'Won't you be freezing?'
'I'm used to it Ted, so what did you want to talk about?' 'I don't know.. I'm just looking for distraction,' I answer quietly.

'Euhm.. how are you feeling?'
'Like shit,' I answer immediately.
'You were wild last night.'

I start tracing his abs again as I listen to him.

'You even wanted to kiss Keith,' he states and laughs.
'Please tell me that's a sick joke because the two of you don't like eachother.' 'I wish it was.'

'Have I said more stupid things?'
'You told me I couldn't be your boyfriend because I'm out of your league,' he says with a grin.
'Did I mention in which way?'
'No.. but I asked.'
'Of course you did,' I mumble.
'Ted I don't know if the alcohol caused you to think that or you were genuine.. but just know I'm not.'

I turn around so the back of my head is laying on his chest. He runs his fingers through my hair.

It's completely silent after that. Not an awkward silence.. just a normal silence.

'You know you can tell me anything right? I won't get angry.'
'You and not getting angry isn't a combination.'

Well.. I shouldn't have said that at loud.

He turns us around and pins my hands down above my head.

'And what do you mean with that?' 'Exactly what you just did. Can you let go of me now? I still feel like I'm dying.'

He laughs and our conversation stops after it.

'Okay come on time to get dressed, we need to wish our families a happy new year.'

I growl deeply and turn to my side.

'You know you don't scare me with that right?'
'I could if I wanted to,' I answer as I finally get out of bed.'

'So what should I wear?' 'Just a shirt with a jacket, that safes time changing clothes.'

I nod.

Temperatures were a weird thing for me now. While the weather was bad in the human world, the sun could shine in Bouspa and even though Bouspa and Earlmare were close to eachother, the weather could be extremely different. And I'm not even speaking about the other cities yet!

'

'Is it really necessary to talk to Judy's family?' 'Ted. First of all, they're the royal family and you are a royal as well. Second of all, this is their house and they accepted you with open arms.'

Luckily we're done within minutes because the family decided to start fighting, which resulted in an angry Judy storming off. So we decide to visit my mom.

On our way out I notice someone sitting in the corner.

'Owen what are you doing?' I ask laughing. 'Ted?'

He looks up and the first thing I notice are his eyes.

'Josh get out of here, I will meet you at the hospital.' 'But..' 'Go away!' I yell.

He flinches because of my outburst but leaves.

'Ted please leave.. I don't want to throw myself up on you.'
'Owen stop resisting. How do other servants deal with bloodlust?' I ask calmly.
'We feed of eachother.'
'And why aren't you doing that?'
'My mom fed from my sister and I.. I.. I'm afraid.'
'You must have dealt with this before?' I ask.
'I always pass out.'

'Fuck it. Owen just feed of me.' 'No.' 'You're body will be protesting like crazy if you keep on suppressing the urge.' 'But what if I hurt you?' He asks anxious. 'You won't, I'm able to make you stop.. alright?'