28

Pov Josh

'What are you doing here? You barely leave Zeor?' I ask surprised when Leyton is standing on our doorstep.
'I wanted to see Alex, Ted told me about him before we well.. started everything.' 'Sure.. come in.'
I'm still a bit confused but why wouldn't I let him in?

'He's lovely.' I smile, 'Do you want to hold him?' 'Do you trust me with him mate?' I laugh quietly. 'I do.'
'I would love to.'

I hand him over my little boy who has gotten pretty big actually.
'You're lucky.' 'With what? A fiance who suddenly leaves and lets me behind with a baby without assuring me he will come back to me alive?!'
'I meant with having such a wonderful child.. Josh are you alright?'

I sigh and close my eyes for a few seconds. 'No.. it has been 4 months, Ley. I'm so worried about him that I can't sleep or even eat anymore.'
'That's not suppose to happen.'
'I know.. it's just.. I want to know if he's okay and..' 'He's in a coma,' he cuts me off, 'He would cry out.. scream.. he was in too much pain and he.. he couldn't take it anymore. So they.. put him into a coma to be able to continue.' 'Since when?' 'A month.'

I grab his collar and pin him against the wall. 'So he's in a coma for a month already and you're just telling me now!?' I yell at him.
'Mate calm down! I got told today!'
I release him and run my hands through my hair. 'Sorry.'

'It's fine I know about your anger issues Josh and I understand this is hard for you to cope with,' he lays a hand down on my shoulder, 'They're helping him you need to understand that.. and I.. I ask details about his health almost every day, if there is something going horrible wrong I will tell you.'

'Can you talk with him?'
'If he's out of that coma.. I can try, why?' He questions.
'Could you tell him you spoke to me, you don't have to tell him you told things about his health, just tell him I said yes on the letter he left me. I hope that it gives him just a bit more courage to continue his mission,' I smile sadly, 'I want to help him even though I can't be there with him.'
'I will.' 'Thanks.'

He stayed with me the remainder of the evening to just watch stupid series and films with me to distract me and.. it reminded it me so much about the old times. We used to be so close.. I considered him to be my best friend at one point even though I never believed in such a thing. But of course my dad ruined it for me.. he always ruins things for me. He's my dad and of course I still love him but.. sometimes I hate him so much.

The nights I spent with his huge stuffed animal.. I can't sleep without that between my arms and I wish it just would be him. I miss him.. I miss him so much and I just can't live my life without him.

'

It's Sunday now.. I just dropped Alex in Bouspa.. that sounds mean. Anyway I left Alex in the castle.. still doesn't sound good.

I'm in the restaurant.. his restaurant.

'Josh are you okay?' 'Just give me the strongest thing you have,' I mumble.
'I can't,' he states, 'Teddy told me not to.' 'Of course he did,' I mumble, 'What else did he say?'
'Nothing much he asked me to keep things rolling while he's gone.'
'Did he tell you where he went?'
'No.. well.. he told me it was about work, so I've been telling people he's off on a business trip,' he puts a glass in front of me, 'I assume there's more to it.. considering you look this down.'

So this proves only a small part of the wizards and witches know what's going on.. that's good.

I take a sip of the liquid, it's just a simple beer.

'I just miss him, we never been apart for this long.'
'It must suck, that's why I don't do relationships.' Somehow that sentence made me laugh.
'Such a shame there are a lot girls here who would love to have that role,' I state.
'Nah.. they want me just for one night and after that they'll just leave me.'

'Ted must be very grateful having an employee like you.' 'Why?' He asks.
'Well.. you're always enthousiast, never late and just a nice guy to talk to,' I reply.
'Thanks, I just love to do this, it's what I used to do back in Patel.. but this is more enjoyable and safer.'
'You live in Patel?' I ask confused.
'Yes, I was banned after uh.. abusing my power,' he replies with a small chuckle, 'Patel is so much warmer in comparison to Zeor.'
'No wonder, Zeor is freezing!' 'True.'

'But are you mostly here or in Patel.. you know after working hours?' I decide to ask. Talking with him distracts me from thinking about Ted for a bit.
'Here, I never really go to the mystical world. All the updates I need I get told and I like it more to live alongside normal humans.'
'It's far more relaxing,' I add to his story. 'Exactly.'

I sit and talk with him for a while until it's getting pretty late.

'I should probably go home now.. I need to actually pay attention tomorrow.' 'It's fine, good luck.'

I stand up and want to go away but I stop myself.

'Daniel?' 'Hm?' 'Thank you.'