26

Pov Josh

It all went so quickly.. he was calm and suddenly it just.. went wrong.
He should've taken me with him.
Dammit.. why the fuck did he decide to go away on his own?
Did my dad really put him over his limits.. or was it going to happen either way.

My eyes notice a shirt on my bedroom floor and a piece of paper next to me.
- I'm sorry I couldn't keep it with me.
I shake my head.. so all he left me is a bloody shirt.

I turn the piece of paper around.
- Love you. Don't be too mad at me.
I can't be mad at him.. yet I want to be. I would love to throw him through the room.. beat him up. But I can't.. not only is that a horrible thing to do, I would also never be able to hurt him like that.

I take the shirt which is litterly covered in blood.. thanks honey, leave me with your mess. I put it back on the floor.. I'll take care of it later.

A knock on my door pulls me out of my thoughts.

'Hey.. are you alright?' 'Of course I'm not alright Alicia,' I answer.
'Do you need a hug?' I nod.

'He left me a letter.. he's really gone. I just can't believe it. Oh and.. he told me to check your pockets because you would be to stupid to find it out.'
I immediately check them and find two pieces of paper. He even numbered them. Number one is fold up nicely while number two is crumbled up into a ball.
I decide to sit down and read them.

-
I don't even know how to start this.. but I couldn't just leave you behind.
I wanted to explain it to you, I really wanted to.. I just couldn't anymore.

I need to clear some things up while I still can:

The shirt I left you.. that's my blood.
I never went to Berbah Forest. I didn't completely lie about that though.. I almost killed myself Josh. Anyway.. I don't know where the wound went to and I still don't understand.
My wings were out because I simply couldn't pull them in, when a vampire is in danger and they have wings.. they will be out.
And last of all.. I should've told you sooner but..
My mom died this morning. I was at the scene and luckily got the chance to say goodbye, I'm sorry you couldn't.

Now that that's out of the way.
I'm so sorry but I really couldn't take you with me. Neither can I tell you where I'm going to.. you would come after me and how much I want you to safe me and be my hero, I'm putting your safety above mine.

All I can tell you at this point is that it includes Louise and how I'm going to try to get rid off him once and for all.

I don't know how long it's going to take.. but you need to wait for me. You'll be informed if I passed, I'm not planning on dying though.

You're probably mad at me and I don't blame you for that.. throw me against the wall when I get home, beat me up.. I don't care let your anger out on me, I deserve it. I just hope you aren't mad anymore when I'm back which could be days.. weeks.. months.

If I make it back.. I'll probably be black and blue, so you'll need to look after two people who can't do shit.

Again.. I'm really sorry for leaving you and Alex behind like this.
I want you to know you're litterly the best thing that happened to me and the only thing I have left.
I love you so much and I don't want this, us, to end.. ever.

So please open the second note now.
-

He was clearly rushing when he wrote this, his handwriting wasn't as neath as usual and ink is smudged all over.

I grab the second piece of paper and open it, immediately a little box falls out. I see how Alicia picks it up and holds it for me. 'He expected that as well,' she says quietly probably referring to her own note.

-
I feel bad for asking you this through a stupid letter but.. I wanted to take you out have fun explain why I would be leaving and ask you tomorrow.
But I wasn't given that extra day and I really don't want to wait so.. we need to safe that date until I get back as well.

Joshua Lee, if I ever get back, will you piss off your dad and marry me?

Ps. Of course that isn't the true reason I want to.

-

I take the box out off my sister's hands and open it. Inside is a black ring with a small ruby and again a note is left behind.

- I hoped this would remind you off my eyes, just tell me your answer when I'm back.

I slip the ring onto my ring finger.. it fits perfectly.
'Alicia.. your little brother is engaged. Unless he doesn't come back.'
She smiles and pulls me into a hug.
'He will come back.. of course he will. I'm so happy for you!'

She takes a look at the ring. 'It's beautiful,' she smiles again, 'he has something for him that matches.. it's in Bouspa between pieces of cloth on his desk. Since he didn't know your answer.. he didn't take it with him.'
'Did you know he was going to do this?' 'No.'

If there was one thing I didn't expect.. that would be Teddy proposing to me, I always thought it would be the other way around. I thought he wasn't ready for this yet.. well he has proven he is.

I want to be happy..dance around.. drink to us but.. I can't. Ted is somewhere out there and I can't be happy without him by my side.

All he has to do now is come back home.