Thirteen

author's note : trigger warning // panic attack.

❖ ❖ ❖

I woke up in a cold sweat. I was breathing hard as I looked around, my chest heaving up and down. I didn't know what was happening or what happened to me, but hyperventilating wasn't such a good idea to wake up in the middle of the night.

12:21 AM. I tried to calm down my breathing by myself, but as soon as I felt eyes on me, I couldn't breath once again. I heard a groan and a scoff, which made me turn my head towards him.

"What's wrong this time?" Jungkook asked, his tone clearly annoyed. I looked at him, eyes wide as my breathing stopped and I clutched the sheets, finding ways how to control and find my breathing, but apparently, that wasn't working.

That's when Jungkook got the hint, his eyes widen for a second before he removed the covers off his body and fast walked to my bed, sitting on the edge. He grabbed my hands, and kept them on the blanket, he stared into my eyes.

"Breathe." Jungkook ordered, his voice soft, yet commanding. "Focus on your breathing, nothing else." His tone softened at the end.

I looked into his eyes and the emotions I saw shocked me; concern, worry- his cold glare could never compete against these two emotions. His warm hands over mine, his thumb rubbing my knuckles in a comforting way.

Soft. I thought as my chest heaved up and down, slowly regaining air into my lungs. But, when everything was going well, tears flooded my eyes and I choked out a sob, tears rolling down my cheeks.

Jungkook blinked at me, before his hands tightened around mine. "Seohyun, don't focus on anything else but your breathing. Just breathe, and I promise you that everything will be alright."

His words were soft as honey, but did he really mean them? Did he really care? Or is it because I was having a panic attack, that he just wanted to make sure I wouldn't continue that it would make me faint?

"Seohyun." Jungkook called softly. "Do not think of anything else, it will make it harder to control. Just breathe, I'm here."

Tears slowly made their way down my cheeks, that's when Jungkook got up from his spot and sat next to me, his hands never leaving mine. He didn't let go as I watched him wrap an arm around my waist, and bring me closer to him.

"Cry." Jungkook whispered. "But don't forget to breathe." His arm tightened around me, and I just felt at peace and at home, making me close my eyes, my lashes wet.

I woke up from a nightmare. I thought, as I clawed onto Jungkook's shirt, he didn't say a thing as I saw him have an expressionless face. I didn't know that Jungkook even had a soft side when his ego was stronger.

Jungkook didn't really mind when I clawed onto his shirt as I tried to regain my breathing, he just kept quiet and didn't say a word, instead he just kept humming softly, trying to calm me down from the panic attack I was having.

I inhaled the scent Jungkook brought, vanilla and honey. I closed my eyes as I choked out another small sob, feeling Jungkook rock us back and forth ever so slowly as he rubbed his hand up and down my back.

"Shh." Jungkook shushed me, whispering in my ear as he continued to rock us back and forth. "I've got you, everything's okay."

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I reopened my eyes, seeing that my vision was blurred due to all of the tears pooling in my eyes. Jungkook's shirt was probably nearly soaking wet due to the tears, but he didn't mind.