Forty-two

I walked into the classroom, to see that Suzy and Chungha aren't here yet. I sighed as I slowly placed the letters into their lockers, and looking around to see if anyone saw me.

Thankfully, nobody did. I slowly sat down on my seat, remembering that I have to give Ji-Eun's letter. I sat up from my seat, took the letter and walked towards Ji-Eun's classroom.

I peeked in, to see she wasn't there. I lowly breathed as I looked around the classroom, trying to spot someone I knew who could help me give the letter to Ji-Eun.

"Hi, Seohyun."

I turned around to see Jang-Yu. My eyes widened as I clearly straightened up and looked at her, sighing softly. "Hi, Jang-Yu. Look, I just want to apologize for-"

"Seohyun-ah." She cut me off. "You don't have to apologize. I guess, if I was in your shoes I would've done the same. But, again, no need to apologize."

"I just feel bad." I spoke.

Jang-Yu giggled, "Just promise me one thing: do not tell anybody else. Jang-Mi is going to kill me if she does find out it spread around the school."

"But you both are fraternal twins."  I said. "I don't see how people say they can't tell you both apart, which happened to me."

"This is why I wear a mask." She replied. "Jang-Mi told me to wear a mask so that nobody would even guess I'm related to her. You four and two others only know."

"There's 2 more?" I asked, stunned a bit.

"Minji and one more girl who's name I forgot."

"Oh." I muttered. "I promise."

"Remember that you shouldn't make promises when you're happy~" She said with a teasing smile. "Now, why are you standing outside our classroom?"

"Oh." I mumbled again. "C-Can you give this to Ji-Eun? I-I mean, just slide it into her locker."

"Sure." Jang-Yu replied.

I gave her the letter, and she gladly took it. I heard the bell ring, which caused me to look at Jang-Yu apologetically. "Sorry, I have class."

"Same." She said, laughing. "See you around?"

"See you." I nodded with a small smile.

Jang-Yu smiled at me before she entered the classroom. I saw Suzy and Chungha down the hallway, which caused me to panic as I rushed towards my seat.

"Woah there."

I looked up to see Eun Woo. I laughed a bit, feeling embarrassed by what I just did. I gave him a small smile, "Hi."

"Hey." He greeted. "What's with the rush?"

"The bell rang while I was outside."

"So?" He asked. "You were just across the classroom."

I blushed, "Never mind."

He chuckled, "So, how are you?"

"I'm okay." I replied, "You?"

"Same old, same old." Eun Woo replied. "For Christmas, my family and I decided to go to the country side to visit my grandma- who I haven't seen in a while."

"Oh, really?" I asked. "That's nice."

"What about your Christmas break?"

"My family and I will spend it in Busan." I answered. "I will be spending time with my father's side, I don't really know about my mother's side."