Fifty-three

I was sitting on the bleachers, eating a sandwich while watching Eun Woo and Mingyu playing basketball. Honestly, the weather was starting to become a lot less chilly, but winter will only end at the end of February, and it's still January.

I was on the first step of the bleachers just watching them playing with the basketball. There were a lot of students out in the field today, playing sports even if the classes and clubs that held sport activities will resume in February.

I sighed as I chewed silently on my sandwich, hearing Eun Woo or Mingyu yell from time to time. I watched as the ball was passed to Eun Woo, and he tossed it into the basket.

Eun Woo cheered loudly, while a small pout lingered on Mingyu's lips as they walked back to me. I moved aside to let them sit down, Mingyu sat on my right side, while Eun Woo sat on the left.

Eun Woo passed Mingyu a water bottle, and they both gulped down some water. I watched them before continuing to chew on my sandwich, feeling so safe and protected sitting in the middle of them.

"You okay?" Eun Woo asked. I nodded.

"You're quiet." Mingyu added, I giggled.

"Since when was I never quiet?" I asked.

"Well, you haven't been quiet while around us, but I don't mind." Eun Woo said with a teasing smile, which caused me to let out an embarrassed sound.

Mingyu laughed as the three of us watched the juniors running around the track again, which caused my curiosity to rise. "Why are they even running? Is there an event?"

"No idea." Eun Woo answered.

"Hey." Mingyu called, "Eun Woo, remember the annual sports festival we have every year? Do you think that is the reason?"

I looked at Eun Woo, "Well, that was supposed to be held every September, remember? I don't think they would do it this late. And the school year is ending, graduation is at the end of March." Eun Woo spoke.

My eyes widened, graduation is at the end of March? Already? I chewed on my bottom lip as I crumbled the tissue that once held the sandwich, which was fully eaten.

"Yeah, I know." Mingyu replied. "But, remember that this school year started late? I think it was moved. Damn, if we only had someone who is close to the principal to ask."

I kept quiet. I heard the birds tweeting all around me, before I looked at Eun Woo and Mingyu, clearing my throat. "What is the- annual sports festival?"

"Oh, right." Mingyu said. "You are new here, doesn't your old school have sports fests or Intramurals sports?"

"No." I said with a shake of my head.

"Ah." Eun Woo spoke, "Well, basically the annual sports fest here is a week full of sport activities. It includes all the sports here, well all the clubs here at school will be competing with other national schools.

But, in a class, they would have to pick who are the classmates who will be competing in that particular sport. The teacher wouldn't be the one to pick, it will be the coach or Physical Education Teacher who will pick who is the team captain.

In one sport, there has to be two teams: boys and girls. The team captains of the boys and girls would have to always stick by together to cheer each other on.

And honestly, we all understand how hard it will be because sometimes, there will be two competitions at the exact same time, so sometimes the opposite gender could lose."

"Wow." I muttered. "You can no longer change your club, right?" I asked, looking at them. Eun Woo shook his head.

"Nope." Mingyu answered. "You are fully registered in the club, and the moderators or coaches of that club have a list of students' names who are there. Unless you get into an accident, then you will be excused.