Seventy

Graduation practice has been somewhat tiring, we would be sitting in the auditorium from lunch 'til dismissal, and that is around nearly four hours of sitting down and listening to how the program is going to end and start.

And, from what I've heard is that Ji-Eun is the valedictorian. Ji-Eun is one of the smartest students in the level, and we all know she is capable of being great with her words, so that is probably the reason as to why she has been chosen.

Though, I'm not surprised. Even if Ji-Eun isn't the president anymore of the student council, Mr. Lee always loved her as a daughter and as his best friend, so I guess having opportunities of being someone's close loved one has it's pro's.

"Hyun, let's go." Namjoon spoke, I nodded, rolling my ankle a bit before I stood up from the bench. I took my bag and walked to Dad's car, which Namjoon borrowed.

Namjoon opened the door, and plopped inside the driver's seat. I sat in the passengers' seat, placing my bag onto my lap before buckling my seatbelt into it's buckle. It was windy today, and it felt like a good weather to walk around Seoul.

It was silent on the way home, probably because we were both exhausted. Today's a Friday, and I'm glad that we weren't given any assignments to do over the weekend, if not, I think my brain would burst.

"How was practice?" Namjoon asked, tapping his fingers on the steering wheel as the car stopped since we met a red light.

"Tiring." I replied with an exhausting sigh, "I'm glad I have nothing to do over the weekend. How was work?" I turned my head to look at him.

"Just like your answer." Namjoon answered, stepping onto the accelerator as a green light flashed on the traffic lights. "We also weren't given work to do at home since this and last week have been exhausting."

"I know." I emphasized, "But I can't believe that I really am graduating." I saw how a dimple smile etched onto Namjoon's lips as he chuckled.

"I can't believe it too." Namjoon spoke, "You are already grown up, Hyun. You should know what to do and be in the future, don't let love life get in the way of your dreams."

"Love life's tiring." I spoke, leaning my elbow on the inner panel. I leaned my head against the window and watched as we passed by buildings of all sorts of sizes.

"Why don't you get a girlfriend, Joon?"

"Like you said, it's tiring." He spoke, "And, it's a distraction anyways, and I'm a full-time teacher, it's hard balancing between those two."

I hummed, tapping my finger on the window. I then turned to Namjoon again, sitting upright in my seat as we paused at another red light, he then turned to me;

"How are you and Jungkook?"

What? "Uhm, we're okay." I answered, diverting my eyes somewhere else. Namjoon chuckled as he looked at himself in the rear-view mirror. He arranged his hair before smiling evilly at me.

"You sure?"

"Y-Yes." I stammered.

He scoffed, "Okay then." I blinked at the road as we started moving again, I could see how Namjoon was smiling all the way even when we reached home.

"Hey, Hyun- What's wrong?" I heard Taehyung as I slammed the car door shut, a red tint on my cheeks as I stormed into the house, hearing Namjoon laughing.

"Nothing's funny!" I shouted, I only heard him laugh even more as I stormed up the stairs and into my room, plopping onto the bed and burrowing my face into my pillow.